• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Too much down pressure grading the laneway on Wednesday and blew the bolts holding the 3 point arms to the bottom of the case... for the second time in 4 years ffs. All day underneath trying to drill and extract the sheared off bolts, including the weld a bolt on attempt and of course now I have to find some M14 bolts long enough as I used all I had the last time. Some days I wonder how I went to work...
tractor3pointbrokenoff 003.JPG
tractor3pointbrokenoff 016.JPG
tractor3pointbrokenoff 019.JPG
tractor3pointbrokenoff 021.JPG
tractor3pointbrokenoff 020.JPG

Too much down pressure grading the laneway on Wednesday and blew the bolts holding the 3 point arms to the bottom of the case... for the second time in 4 years ffs. All day underneath trying to drill and extract the sheared off bolts, including the weld a bolt on attempt and of course now I have to find some M14 bolts long enough as I used all I had the last time. Some days I wonder how I went to work...
Oh yeah, good times...NOT!
I puttered about in the Charger this morning looking for dill weed. Was amazed to see how long the 'social distancing' lines were at 2 different local stores while people were pouring in to Safeway at will.
Then I puttered in the garden, cursing racoons.
Then I made 2 gallons of pickles.
B3BDCA8A-7943-496C-A914-798ED150B49B.jpeg

View attachment 982324 View attachment 982325 View attachment 982326 View attachment 982329 View attachment 982330

Belarus?

If I had a pool, I'd use it.....a lot. Nothing better than working on something and being hot then say screw it and jump in. The X and the kids pestered me for years saying "we'll take care of it" and well, I knew better because of everything else they said that with didn't get taken care of by them. Several years ago I bought a 'red neck' pool which was a 100 gallon Rubber Maid stock tank and it was ok enough for those cool down times but the X hated it. She figured I'd drink too much and drown in it. Well hell, so what "isn't that what you want" lol so got rid of it to appease her but thinking about buying another :D
We bought one of those 20 years ago for my handicapped, 39 YO (now) son. It was a great investment (can't wear it out). We did start with 5 gallon buckets and graduated to my beer keg barrels (55 gallon drums cut down to 2/3 height). Years past I had some BIG parties and used the barrels to ice down the kegs but, the kids had fun in them!
Mike

Not much. Retirement is supposed to be full of easy living. I'm being true to that. lol..gotta stand for something.

Took out hall bath tub and put in a stackable washer, dryer. First time in 35 years that the washer and dryer are downstairs. Getting ready for when the day comes and I don't go downstairs anymore. This is my last house and It's being made old age proof with everything I will need. Don't need it now, but you never know when that day will come and I'm not moving again. At some point I've went from 3700 square foot with an attached 4 car garage to a 1200 square foot with a 2 car garage. Now someone does everything for me, except, drive me and the wife around. The goal is total freedom, to come and go and do anything in a minutes notice with no responsibilities left behind. I've had so many responsibilities in my life, it's nice to be free. Now when we leave the house all I need is my phone and my wallet.

Refinished our 30-year-old spa. Repairing fiberglass and spraying Gelcoat in 100-degree heat.
Yes, just a bit itchy and bitchy lately.

20200517_185555.jpg 20200626_172927.jpg 20200626_225348.jpg
Still need to finish the grout.

Last edited:
Yesterday, X#1 had a queen size mattress cool pad that she can't use so drove about 40 miles round trip to get it then mowed 22,500 sq ft of grass....

Did some mowing until I got too hot. Heat index was a 100 and this afternoon the index is bouncing around 108 to 110.

Yesterday, X#1 had a queen size mattress cool pad that she can't use so drove about 40 miles round trip to get it then mowed 22,500 sq ft of grass....
Puffing up the lawn mowing! That's only a 22,500 sq ft is a c+*t hair over a 1/2 acre. Ya Ya it's a 100* +.:lol:

Got lots of turns and a small but somewhat deep ditch though :D

The ditch is 10x more strenuous than the yard!

It was 95 when I got started and plenty of sun. Got to wear long sleeves these days too and a wide brim hat :(

The ditch is 10x more strenuous than the yard!
I'm slowly leveling the sides a bit by hitting it straight on and dragging the tail of the garden tractor. Lately it's easier to drag it since it's been raining so much but easier to get stuck too. Also about got knocked off the thing when I tried to move a low hanging limb up and over me as I mowed under it but dang live oak limbs don't move so easy. Moved it up but it slipped out of my hand and got me in the head....and that hurt! lol. Not going to trim it because it's acting as a privacy fence in that area so looks like the push mower will be used to mow around it....or not mow it anymore.

Power washed both cars the pickup and wiped them down by hand. Picked up feed and bedding for the animals. Went to HD to replace the 3" cut off air tool that quit on me. Picked up some cutoff discs 6" and 3" plus a *60 grit flap disc grinding wheel. Made dinner. Done for the day until time to close up the chick 'o lickins at dusk. Cut out a 2" x 5" x 34" x 1/8"channel to place under the trunk floor half way in. Going to weld it up to the rails tomorrow and spot weld across the top through the trunk floor. The open side facing down gives me a place to attach exhaust hangers..

Today was batten down the hatches for a potential hurricane on Monday.

Auto Transport Service
Back