• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Well at least I know I had the correct tools in the trailer for our trip to 'Bama and back last Fall. Glad it went flat in the yard though.
enclosedatlastrailer24 302.JPG

I got ready for everything to burn to the ground around me AGAIN. It's kinda become a tradition in these here parts.
YES, I am looking at properties elsewhere!
Way, way elsewhere.
If the place fries I will take the money and RUN.

Today?
I got to see 3000 LIKES disappear when the MEME thread was deleted.
1 FBBO.jpg

Ran errands and sweated most of the day. Kept the air off in consideration of the electrical demands. It got to 106* and I’m right near the coast. 4 miles away.... I feel bad for those that are in really hot areas and with the fires and all.

Sorry for the bad situation, man.
It is not too bad situationally here right now. It is the combination of uncertainty of when it will be too bad and watching/hearing about friend's & co-workers places burning to the ground that wracks my nerves.
I'll have to plan on a drive up your way with some HOT SAUCE for you. You can watch me eat it first so as not to worry I'll poison you :D.
I was in Loomis last summer for a wedding and darned if I didn't see a 'Granite Bay' sign while driving around.
My first thought was I wonder where Kern Dog is...

Canned 27 quarts of tomatoes, and finished stripping the old paint off the deck. New paint today !
What kind of tomatoes?
I really like tomatoes!
Today I finished the 6th sandwich from one big ol' Cherokee Purple.

Why was the MEME thread deleted?

Because it had too many political memes and I wasnt about to spend hours going through page by page to find all the political posts. So I trashed the whole thread. We have a politics forum but somehow certain people just cant keep politics there and they ruin things for others.

What kind of tomatoes?
I really like tomatoes!
Today I finished the 6th sandwich from one big ol' Cherokee Purple.

Beautiful beefsteak tomatoes. The "canners" as they are called, were actually nicer than whats at most the farm stands. I actually saved about a dozen just to eat.

I got ready for everything to burn to the ground around me AGAIN. It's kinda become a tradition in these here parts.
YES, I am looking at properties elsewhere!
Way, way elsewhere.
If the place fries I will take the money and RUN.

That's too bad.

I enjoy your pics of the beautiful scenery there.

...I worked on my sister's car instead.... :lol:

As submitted to the Australian Ford Forums.....

2004 Ford Territory bonnet release.
First of all....I replaced one today for my sister - her car...my problem. That's what families do I guess.

Brother-in-law helped. Just under 3 hours to replace the cable and put the car back together.

What sort of demented brain-dead custard-eating porch-monkey designs this crap???? I mean, how the hell are you supposed to actually get that body grommet back in place without dismantling the entire dash assembly?

No problem, I used my cable snake and a roll of electrical tape. But what a frigging drama, and totally unnecessary to design (I use that word loosely) something so simple into a maintenance nightmare of extraordinary proportions.

After removing the front wheel,, and undoing all those stupid Christmas Tree clips, you can actually see how carefully FORD laid that cable in a twisted fashion around the front end wiring loom. Undoing the bonnet release catch was fun....idiot on the production line must have used a scaffold pole on the end of his torque wrench to set that bastard up. Unnecessary again.

Pulling the fuse box and body panels are challenging enough with all the interfering items, like the mile and a half of cable for the added on Bluetooth power supply that some local Auto-Sparky thought he was clever in doing had done. Probably charged way too much given that it was such a mess.

So finally after 3 attempts to pull the new cable in, managed to fluke it through the double-skin into the interior of the car. I am still concerned at the tight curves the cable must take in it's very limited space for a route...but the bonnet releases easily and smoothly...so I'll take that as a win.

This all started when a "Service Technician" at a local agents garage pulled too hard on the release and broke the plastic handle. No admission of liability or guilt...even though the handle was dangling around the floor upon collection. Typical punkawallers.

Anyway, it's all fixed up now, and all together again, even if it does need a body screw in it now to prevent the release handle from pushing forward under spring tension....try as I might, it was impossible to get all that springiness out.

Thanks for reading.
:mob:

For the benefit of readers here - bonnet = hood

View attachment 982944 View attachment 982945 View attachment 982946 View attachment 982947 View attachment 982948 View attachment 982949 View attachment 982950 View attachment 982951 View attachment 982952 View attachment 982953
Huh, all in all didn't sound too bad.

I bought 100 Chinese chicks! Gotcha ,I've raised ringneck pheasants before just not lately, let them go on our farm, butcher a few tasty

15979800785881783695821410493443.jpg

After the past few heavily loaded take offs, a soft yard, and seeing too much tree... decided it was time to trim the bush again. Back at it again all day tomorrow... only about 100 x 300 to go...
runwayaug172020 002.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 002.JPG
runwayapproachclearingaugsept2020 010.JPG

I played with my little girl all day long! We jammed out to some rock music she started running in circles when a mosh song came on !
Go figure ,guess she's my kid !
We worked on her power wheels to elc problem had to find a short (battery drain and one wheel had no power)
Junk Chinese parts had to get rid of a few things and add my own stuff !
It runs great now

IMG_20200820_203020688.jpg
IMG_20200820_122356725.jpg
IMG_20200820_203015917.jpg

I'm on vacation in Nevada preparing two vintage race cars for transport. My friend and I went to Summit Racing for tires. He taught me how to mount MT's on magnesium Halibrand wheels and we worked on the trailers. Right now I'm camping outside under the stars... The perfect end to the perfect day!
IMG_20200820_203024171.jpg
Thanks Dennis! You're the best!

Tire changers are NICE to have.

Took grandson for a round of golf this morning. I quit golfing 3 years ago to get some big projects done around the acreage. Now he is old enough he wants to play once and a while.
He starts school Monday so I am happy we got to hang out. Tonight is a moon light bike ride so busy day with grandkids!

34305280-7880-4BF3-8AE0-3030F36111A8.jpeg 460AAA11-D5D2-46BF-B975-18D703230DA4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back