• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Is putting fuel in your car considered working on it?
'cause I did that a lot today.

Moonlight bike ride

64A35310-170D-476F-B94E-0B5D47BA5D3B.jpeg 8B1E0C2C-1F27-47D0-95CB-9AE80101731C.jpeg B7662493-A6EB-4828-B7A6-07AEA5C4AAB7.jpeg

Trying to get this bed that was custom build for a different truck onto my truck. Buddy of mine was helping doing some cutting. The bed was on jack stands. But we left the engine hoist and little tractor chained to it, as a “just in case”. Also he’s an idiot for wearing shorts and sandals, I know. I’ve told him a bunch of times, but he don’t listen.
BE022E6B-5E9A-4A97-BCC3-76890E2E6B0A.jpeg
C4F483A5-0722-4EF7-9755-4C235CE6A954.jpeg

Got the fire bug out of my system, did a controlled burn on the farm. Should really help get rid of some of the invasive grasses and let native plants grow and be nice for bow season!

20200822_162720.jpg 20200822_162733.jpg

I’ve told him a bunch of times, but he don’t listen.
A few sparks up those shorts starting a brush fire will learn him.
I'm in the country doing country things. Just let the chickens out & will reinforce the garbage cage. Stupid bears.

A few sparks up those shorts starting a brush fire will learn him.
I'm in the country doing country things. Just let the chickens out & will reinforce the garbage cage. Stupid bears.
We pour ammonia in the garbage and on a rag on outside. Last Sunday didn't put garbage until daylight Monday . If a bear managed to get into it would've hit the jackpot 20+ pounds of meat from freezer.

Getting ready for the storm really knocked me in the dirt now I'm dealing with webworm moths laying eggs in my grass. Dayam, them things do damage in a hurry!! The front yard isn't too bad since I caught it early but there's a good section in the back that down right looks like crap. Was about to try and lay in a replacement rear floor panel in the old car but looks like that's on the back burner again. I'm grateful that the storm didn't come in here and pray for the ones that were affected by it and geez, it did some damage. I know everyone there in the wake of the surge was glad it wasn't anything like predicted. Galveston saw 10-12 feet during Ike and all the predictors were saying higher for this one...

Tire changers are NICE to have.
Had an old manual machine but got rid of it when my divorce started. Dang....been missing it ever since. Found a place a few miles down the road that will dismount tires for 5 bucks but even that adds up plus I gotta close up the shop to leave. I've probably already spent on tires what I got for the machine....

Update, fired it up today for the first time.... I'd tested the three power feeds & the DRO but never ran the motor before today since I don't have three phase power & when I took the head apart I hadn't gotten a variable frequency drive yet....

Got the VFD parameters setup today & everything wired up.... Time to test.... And everything seems good, very quiet, high & low, back gears, quill feed, it all works... I must be living right.... LOL...

Couple photos, the first is the overall picture... The second shows the condition of the ways on the Y & Z axis'View attachment 985943View attachment 985944
Cool beans!! I bought a rotary phase converter when I got my milling machine and several months later, the power company ran 3 phase behind my house going to the jr college. Oh well lol

Did some more "errands" (excuses to get some more break-in miles on the new engine lol) and lots of yardwork. Funny how willing a guy can be to go to the drugstore for 'feminine products' for his wife, when there's a Mopar needing road time out in the garage:p
Did that many times!!

Helped a buddy, sheet rock a room in his house, that he and his fiancée just bought. Absolute friggan nightmare,, lmao

Wife wants to change our landscaping.
So I shoveled rock all morning

89E21B0D-D0B1-4DBD-A15B-EC00A1610078.jpeg

Last edited:
Mowed grass, trimmed trees, and crunched numbers for retirement planning.

Auto Transport Service
Back