• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I watched the Temptations Bio on BET/HER last night.

No mention of "Super Freak", though.

I needed an exterior door for my shop in my basement. My shop is air tight and outside air is brought in and exhausted out through blowers, ductwork and vents. It is heated and cooled separate from the rest of the house. I asked my daughter if she would like a new door, so I bought her this and took her steel slab door. Her home is five years old, she had it built and I've done a lot of work on it. Ten minutes after she closed on it, I tore all the baseboards and flooring out and put in this maple hardwood flooring. Everyone is happy. I bought and installed this fan, 8 footer with a DC motor for her while I was at it. I framed this picture, which is a shower curtain stretched tight over a 2x2 frame and stapled.
20221121_150846 (2).jpg

20221121_150824.jpg

20221121_150821.jpg

Went to my brothers place in the country, his get away. I had a blast!! It's borders the Mark Twain national forest down by Steelville Mo.
View attachment 1375334

It has a creek on it with a low water bridge.
View attachment 1375335
View attachment 1375336
Picture taken left and right while parked on the bridge. Looks like tap water, it's so clear, Spring fed.
View attachment 1375339
Two spring fed ponds. This one had ice on it.
View attachment 1375340
He made a road thru the middle of it. Standing in the road looking left and right.
View attachment 1375341
View attachment 1375342
High point looking across. Those are pine trees, there were pine trees so thick you couldn't walk it. They were 5 to about 7 foot tall and side by side. everything in the picture was Brush hogged
View attachment 1375343
My brother.
View attachment 1375344
View attachment 1375345
His new toy and the new side by side is on it's way.
We were just out that way this past summer, beautiful country! Yellowstone was one of our stops and had to make a pit stop in Big Sky Montana for some brake parts, loved it up there.

Fun 4 days off for Thanksgiving! After pulling the 383 out of my daughters car a friend asked about it, I said I'll trade you some dozer rental for it? It got delivered in time for the weekend, work on the motorcross track in the daylight, frame and run wires after dark.. fun weekend.
IMG_20221126_124510885_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221127_092722951_HDR.jpg

Still working on the shop clean up and finally got a car in bay #1 for good, but this is not the overall look that I was going for. I'm back on that fine print in the marriage license that said something about vehicle maintenance and lawn care! Wife's rear inner pad and rotor toast with only 12,000 miles on it. Unreal.. guess we're down to my truck for Gdaughter pick up.. parts are 2 to 4 days out. Rotor inner side full of rotted out craters and pad no leaving a promising wear mark and making a hell of a racket driving once they warm up. Ordered parts and then for shits and giggles threw the rotor in the old Forward and made some cuts until it was cleaned up on the inner side. I have 0.6mm left to minimum thickness. I could run'm, but I'll throw them on the shelf as spares for next time and wait for the new parts to arrive.
20221128_111941.jpg
20221128_111545.jpg
20221128_112927.jpg
20221128_113111.jpg
20221128_135022.jpg
20221128_145141.jpg
20221128_145653.jpg

Still working on the shop clean up and finally got a car in bay #1 for good, but this is not the overall look that I was going for. I'm back on that fine print in the marriage license that said something about vehicle maintenance and lawn care! Wife's rear inner pad and rotor toast with only 12,000 miles on it. Unreal.. guess we're down to my truck for Gdaughter pick up.. parts are 2 to 4 days out. Rotor inner side full of rotted out craters and pad no leaving a promising wear mark and making a hell of a racket driving once they warm up. Ordered parts and then for shits and giggles threw the rotor in the old Forward and made some cuts until it was cleaned up on the inner side. I have 0.6mm left to minimum thickness. I could run'm, but I'll throw them on the shelf as spares for next time and wait for the new parts to arrive.
View attachment 1379707View attachment 1379712View attachment 1379713View attachment 1379714View attachment 1379715View attachment 1379716View attachment 1379717
Could the cause be (lead footed and late braking)??

Last edited:
My grass has still been growing over the last couple of weeks and I moved the lawn for the last time today. I’ve run the mower around the yard to suck up leaves in late November, but never to cut the grass.

Last edited:
1942 Forward 14 x 42
Started to mention that I've never heard of a Forward lathe before but there are others that I never heard of before I started looking for one I have now. I ended up with a 15" LaBlond Regal. Never cared for that servo shift but so far it continues to work even though it's noisy. Also one gear in the low range is also noisy but it's not noisy in medium or high range. Go figure. Had the thing for 20 years now....

View attachment 1379707View attachment 1379712View attachment 1379713View attachment 1379714View attachment 1379715View attachment 1379716View attachment 1379717
When I first got my 66 Belvedere it was still wearing the 10 x 1 1/2" drums on the rear. Back then they weren't any to be had and the ones on the car were scored pretty bad so in the lathe they went. At least shoes could still be bought. Took off .100" and they still weren't cleaned up. Figured if they were still holding together with scores that were still at least .030" deep after machining, they would work until I could get an 8 3/4 under it and could finally can the 7 1/4. The car came with the /6. They did good for a full year or more and I even tried to kill them! Drag raced the thing and took the first turn off each and every pass! :D

And what I did today was grill some chicken and sausage since the weather is finally at normal temps and the sun is out!! Really nice day today....

I cleaned the dryer vent out. Put the vacuum in the dryer on one end and the leaf blower on the other. Not sexy but a very wise thing to do.

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

I cleaned the dryer vent out. Put the vacuum in the dryer on one end and the leaf blower on the other. Not sexy but a very wise thing to do.

View attachment 1379851

View attachment 1379852
Very wise indeed! :thumbsup:

23 years ago we had a fire in our house. That's a long story but one of the restoration experts that came in afterwards said by far, the two primary causes of damage to homes was the washer and the dryer.

For the washer, it was burst hoses for the washer water supply. He HIGHLY recommended braided steel line for those.

For the dryer, it was fires due to lint build up. He HIGHLY recommended doing what you just did - clean them out regularly.

Several years ago, coworker's house caught fire on Christmas eve, total lose: Dryer duct that ran 6 ft across ceiling was cause; EVERY THING GONE: His wife & grandkids (sleep over) got out, John was last to get out after ensuring everyone out, suffered 2nd & 3rd degree burns to head. Recover, rebuilt (prefab house) and retired & enjoying his life.

My wife is a retired fire medical dispatcher. Always pro active on fire potentials and medical logistics. One of the reasons we didn't go to coastal Oregon or Washington. Med stuff was 2+ hours away from areas we wanted to live.

Cleaned the grease and Kroil Oil from my cellphone, placed it on the counter, and promptly knocked it onto the tile floor. :cursin:

Yes, there are a million cracks all over.

Fortunately, no gorgeous Superbirds or vintage 7-up machines were damaged. :drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back