• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Atlantic coast folks have I-95 plus they can go inland.

Gulf coast folks have 75 and can also go inland.
Yeah, that's pretty much "one way out"....and I speak as one with multiple generations of family in the state, for decades.

It's not like the rest of CONUS, where you can basically scatter to the four corners....FL, you go....north. Period. Along with everyone else in FL.

A hurricane's swath rarely encompasses the entire state, and you have weeks of notice to plan and adjust.

Sometimes a curve ball is thrown, but for me, I'll take hurricane vs all other natural disasters, because all others (save perhaps forest fires, and then only after they've started) have essentially ZERO notice.

Need more room... Adding a 24x24 enclosed carport to park my car trailer and the future project I am negotiating on...

IMG_3207.jpg

Yesterday was a mish-mash of Callouts to jobs, and desperation to secure information & purchase orders for 'End of financial year' invoicing. :lol:

It has been a good year. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

Oh, yeah...

Doin' taxes.

...and havn' "tax-a-rita's".

So far I got to where we owe $179.

That's a hell of a lot better than the last 2 years.

Not quite done yet.

I like to take chunks.

Last year was "only" 45 pages. Down from our record of 72.

Working on a new laptop.....so far I don't think much about Windoze 11. There's too much crap I don't need loaded on it and need to figure out how to do stuff on it. I'm finally on it now thou. Used to using Firefox and think I'd like to load it but need to figure out how to get rid of that S mode mess. It keeps wanting a password related to their email and well, hate that mess too.

Oh, yeah...

Doin' taxes.

...and havn' "tax-a-rita's".

So far I got to where we owe $179.

That's a hell of a lot better than the last 2 years.

Not quite done yet.

I like to take chunks.

Last year was "only" 45 pages. Down from our record of 72.
My tax guy says I don't need to file since I don't have any 'earned' income to speak of......

Yikes- blessing or curse?

...because that 45-75 pages is both.

Yikes- blessing or curse?

...because that 45-75 pages is both.
Well, the old lady took the money and pretty much nothing else so I'm living on SSI and trying to not spend too much of the reverse mortgage. Was doing pretty good in the stock market but don't have that IRA anymore. It's a blessing that she's gone but I kinda miss her keeping the house clean...or at least cleaner than I'm doing lol

5% was the best we could find locally.

My CU has a promo "new account" at 5%.

Not sure why you have to open a new account since it want's me to do it.

Must be done online. Kinda odd there.

...but money is not locked up in a CD- can be withdrawn at any time.

It's NOT a new customer thing that bars existing customers.

Aired up the tires in the bicycle, so this old man (70) can start biking around the neighborhood again, now that the winter, rainy season, is ending here in my part of Commiefornia.

Last edited:
Aired up the tires in the bicycle, so this old man (70) can start biking around the neighborhood again, now that the winter, rainy season, is ending here in my part of Commiefornia.
My knees are saying 'no more bicycle'! :(

Reassembling our home, after have the whole interior painted.

Auto Transport Service
Back