• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you learn about your Mopar today?

I learned that the factory had all kinds of rare tools to do what I would consider simple work.... C-4044/Steering Shaft Remover and C-4113/Steering Shaft to Lock Plate Pin Tool . Just to change a column shift to a console shift column.

I learned that the factory had all kinds of rare tools to do what I would consider simple work.... C-4044/Steering Shaft Remover and C-4113/Steering Shaft to Lock Plate Pin Tool . Just to change a column shift to a console shift column.
Oops. You mean there's actual tools for this?:rolleyes:

I learned that if you launch a '66 B-Body hard enough you can shift the gas tank and cause a leak at the filler tube grommet on the tank!!!!! Also learned that by bending the tab on the filler tube bracket you can re=align the tube to the grommet and stop the leak.

I learned that my 67 Coronet 500 was hit in BOTH sides in the front. Now I wish that I could afford new inner fenders.

Don't trust what the previous owner did .... always double check for yourself.
gabby.jpg

Can't stress that one enough!

That I don't have near enough money that is required to do what I want with it!

I learned that my 67 Coronet 500 was hit in BOTH sides in the front. Now I wish that I could afford new inner fenders.
Ouch.
*goes to look at Ghostriders' photo garage*
Ah, that explains both front fenders being a different shade...:(

That I don't have near enough money that is required to do what I want with it!
Hey, they're money pits, make no mistake.
On the other hand, I've learned not to get in a rush. Ongoing project that will never be "done-done".

Yep, i'm in no hurry, I suppose i'll bang out those inners as best I can and do a bit of cosmetic filler here and there. Not building a show car anyway. I have noticed though that not many owners have gotten too adventuresome in the modification of their rides, at least at the shows I have been to. I think that's the best part of the journey.

Yep, i'm in no hurry, I suppose i'll bang out those inners as best I can and do a bit of cosmetic filler here and there. Not building a show car anyway. I have noticed though that not many owners have gotten too adventuresome in the modification of their rides, at least at the shows I have been to. I think that's the best part of the journey.
As long as you're not hacking on a rare one, I'd say more power to ya. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back