• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it you like about muscle cars?

What is your favorite thing about muscle cars.

• The way they look. Beauty.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Doing burnouts.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 0-60 Including the G's you pull.

• Top speed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/4 mile times.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Handling (Just kidding)

• 50ish years old.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
My first muscle car was a 69 383 Bee. I wanted a hemi in that car and in time I got what I wanted. A 69 Hemi coronet 4sp.
In 2009 I bought a new 6sp SRT8 Challenger. The two cars are a lot alike but I still don't think of the challenger as being a "muscle car" because of what I grew used to that matched that term.

My 69 Coronet has a Hemi that makes 425HP.--So does the challenger.
The Coronet has a manual trans.--So does the challenger.
There is 40 years difference in the age of these two cars. And a world of difference in the driving experience.
It is great fun to take the coronet for a spin with its heavy clutch, rough engine sound, classic look, the smell of the exhaust, etc. A true "muscle car" as I think of the term.
Taking the Challenger out for a cruise is fun indeed but has few of the sensory things that I think of that muscle cars have.
I did sell the 09 challenger and bought a Hellcat. Now that car has the sound and kick in the pants (and muscle look) that I would say makes it a "muscle car".
I didn't take the survey cause I am still confused by the changing meaning of the term in my mind as well as others.

Auto Transport Service
Back