• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the general consensus of having a new fender tag made by Govier?

How and who makes new fender tag and broadcast sheet? I need them.

QUOTE="HawkRod, post: 912094445, member: 7773"]My 70 Road Runner is missing the fender tag. But I also never found a BS. All the number match though: VIN, core support, trunk lip, engine & transmission. Having said that, there is no way I can reproduce the fender tag so I haven't and I won't. That would be fraudulent. I have to just "prove" what the car was/is based on pictures.

You are in a different situation. With your BS, you can reproduce the fender tag and back it up since you have documentation to prove what options your car had.

I say reproduce it. You are not scamming anyone, and you can prove what is on the fender tag if anyone ever had questions (like if you were selling it).

Just my $0.02
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who's post this actually is....

There is this continuing erroneous belief that simply having a BS means you can get an accurate tag. It helps with some info on the tag but plenty of bad tags have been made with the BS present.

Having a BS does not tell you what was coded on a tag, when it was coded on the tag or even where it was coded on the tag. It does not tell you the gate, base and sequence numbers for Lynch Road cars. One still has to have plant, year and time of year knowledge.

Guessing at info or what should or should not be in a tag simply to have a tag is not reproducing a tag; it's guessing.

Here’s a special one.

204CDCAA-F548-48FD-A8E7-F9E8783599DA.jpeg

I just used Dave Wise to make one for my 68 RR. There were only rust flakes left from where it looked like someone sat a battery on top of it or something. Anyway, it was a tedious process. I had to take a lot of pictures. Pictures of everything from every angle. I also had a partial build sheet in the rear seat so that helped. It was also a numbers matching car albeit unrestored. I would never pass it off as original and most people will be able to tell it’s a repop as it looks brand new, but it still completes the car. As long as the engine matches the VIN and the hidden numbers match I don’t see a problem with it myself

Last edited:
Apparently, not a single, restorable, 69 Road Runner ever came with Wheel Covers, only with Dog Dish and Road Wheels.

Now my old 68 did come with dog dishes and painted steelies because the partial broadcast sheet in the seat stated as much. It also came with F70 redline tires as it was a Lynch Rd car and the paint marks were still under the deck lid.
BE3651FA-7527-41D8-B1C9-5F6CFB401ED3.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back