• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What parts are these?

Maxxx

Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
I'd like to replace the linkages shown that have little torn boots, etc.
Does anyone firmly know which/what they are? Is there a better brand? I feel these didn't last long but I'm a recent owner.

Here is the drivers side:

20210417_192643.jpg 20210417_192548.jpg 20210417_192542.jpg

If you're looking for just the boots to save a couple of bucks I used Dorman to replace mine. You'll have to measure the shaft and height to get an exact fit. They make all sizes, order online or from your favorite parts house. They are soft rubber not hard.

20210427_181342.png

The parts themselves can be a toss up these days.

If you have any slop in those tie rod ends? Upgrade to C body parts. Way beefier. And not at all expensive.

(Cont'd)
72 Satellite btw. They look like tie rods and control arms, just wondering how they are refers to as

I'm horrible at diagnosing suspension linkages on any vehicle lol... If I can't wiggle it with my hands, which I can't in this case

If you have any slop in those tie rod ends? Upgrade to C body parts. Way beefier. And not at all expensive.
Thank you Tony, can you recommend the parts by number?.and is there a brand that lasts the longest?

I'm horrible at diagnosing suspension linkages on any vehicle lol... If I can't wiggle it with my hands, which I can't in this case

Take it to an old school alignment shop, they can tell you if any of it is worn. Once it's apart, if you can spin the joint easily with your fingers, I'd replace it.

You'll need a pickle fork to get all those off, and if you're not careful, it can damage the boots, better to replace the worn joints now.

The polyurethane boots are plenty strong, I think PST sells them in kits. The rubber ones seem to fit more snug though.

Thank you Tony, can you recommend the parts by number?.and is there a brand that lasts the longest?

11/16" tie rods upgrade, outer tie rod ES352R (2) required.
Inner tie rod, ES355RL (2)required. And adjuster sleeve, ES440S. (2)required. I got this I info from. Mopar suspension on a Joe dirt budget. waywardgarage.Com a long time ago. Not sure if the site still exists? But it has a list of about 20 great upgrades. I did this upgrade on my 69 charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back