• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Type of Rear Axle Oil & Additive for my Sure Grip Dana 60

I tried the Mooar additive and my clutch sure grip chattered really bad...............
FWIW, I used Mobil 1 Synthetic LS in my 9-1/4" corporate clutch LS in my '05 Ram. A lot of folks recommended it as it "didn't need friction modifier". That proved absolutely false and the LS chattered like those wind up teeth.........
upload_2017-6-11_9-13-19.png

One bottle of the Mopar Friction Modifier shut that baby right up.

.....................At one time I was using a suction gun but that was a rpita.
Lol, a stinky mess for sure. I'm going to try a 12 volt oil extractor and see if its up to the task on the next change.

I run amsoil severe gear 75W-110 in my Dana. It gets some track time but never had any issues whatsoever.

6770BigBlock,

How long has the current "amsoil severe gear 75W-110" been in your Dana?
thanks, Richard

I run amsoil severe gear 75W-110 in my Dana. It gets some track time but never had any issues whatsoever.

6770BigBlock,
How long has the current "amsoil severe gear 75W-110" been in your Dana, and do you have to add some "Friction Modifier" (how much) to the gear oil?
thanks, Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back