• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatcha think?

Or take a risk with keystones. It’s like the magnum 500, but added dimensions, and I think they came out in 62, so it would be era appropriate.

0CAD69B1-6755-4BD5-844A-C16A99839B62.jpeg

I don't like the wires. At all.
Stick with the stock wheel covers till you find something you like.
(Chrome reverse would be period correct. And please, no whitewalls with anything other than the stock wheel covers. )
If your car was mine, It would get gray torque thrusts. Same size all around would avoid the maxie/hot rod look.

Last edited:
The wires are unusual but I like the look on your car.

Magnums?

1 no, just no.jpg

Rallye wheels ?

1 huh 02.png

22" wheels ??

1 Pitt 1.jpg

I tried looking on the internet and couldn’t find anything, but they’d probably look good. Slotted mags are a pretty universal look good on anything wheel, they have versions for 4, 5, 6, and 8 lugs so anyone can enjoy them
:lol:

Im really torn on a decent look. It currently has the OEM caps and bias ply tires. I want to get another set of wheels to put some radials on but trying to come up with a look. If it was a hot rodded maxie clone i could run craigers or torque thrusts and be done but its a stock car…

View attachment 1315993
That's classy

This was my initial first thought until i started running into supply shortages followed by huge price increases. If i have to buy a set of new mag style wheels the TTDs would be first choice. I was hoping to find a set of Mopar steel wheels that i could powder coat and put poverty caps and trim rings on. Really don't want anything with too much chrome or that youd tend to find on a hot rod.

A wide range of opinions, thanks for all the ideas. I kind of like the wire caps, at least over the OEM caps. My plan is to get an extra set of wheels that i will put radials on for local cruises and keep the bias plys mounted on the steel wheels for bigger judged shows. I may pick up these wire caps from my buddy and keep them for use with the bias ply tires..

This was my initial first thought until i started running into supply shortages followed by huge price increases. If i have to buy a set of new mag style wheels the TTDs would be first choice. I was hoping to find a set of Mopar steel wheels that i could powder coat and put poverty caps and trim rings on. Really don't want anything with too much chrome or that youd tend to find on a hot rod.
Mine, with 15x6 fronts, 15x8 ramcharger rear, 67 barracuda caps. Black, cause these also end up on my yellow roadrunner.
I would paint yours body color

20181218_120000.jpg

20181218_115928.jpg

Trying to find a new look for my 62 Fury. One possibility I’m thinking of is wire spoke wheels. I tried these spoke hub caps on yesterday to get an idea. They are from a newer Chrysler. They needed cleaning and polishing. What do you think? Maybe without whitewalls?
So far no one in my family liked the look..

View attachment 1315971

View attachment 1315972
Beautiful ride.. Wheels are subjective. but I love this car (or my dad's 62 Dart 440) with Keystones.

Trying to find a new look for my 62 Fury. One possibility I’m thinking of is wire spoke wheels. I tried these spoke hub caps on yesterday to get an idea. They are from a newer Chrysler. They needed cleaning and polishing. What do you think? Maybe without whitewalls?
So far no one in my family liked the look..

View attachment 1315971

View attachment 1315972
Hi stumper i have a 62 fury 4 door in Australia but the guy swindled me with the trunk lid. We call them boot lids here but the trunk lid. I would really appreciate any leads, links or info if you see a rust free trunk lid any time. Mine is the 4 door 62 plymouth fury. Many thanks Mark canberra australia

Well, this is the look I’m going with. Just ordered a set of TTDs with Cooper GTs - putting the white to the inside though. Got tired of looking for a set of steel wheels to use and running these bias ply’s.. I’ll post a picture next week after I get them on.
You'll like em. I do, and I haven't even seen em (yet).

Auto Transport Service
Back