• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatcha think?

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Trying to find a new look for my 62 Fury. One possibility I’m thinking of is wire spoke wheels. I tried these spoke hub caps on yesterday to get an idea. They are from a newer Chrysler. They needed cleaning and polishing. What do you think? Maybe without whitewalls?
So far no one in my family liked the look..

E0483231-A07F-4935-9893-CBA1C99F8E10.jpeg

8D67E6DB-C4B8-420A-A3B2-DEB59AF2C5B8.jpeg

I would call the car mid-century modern and the wires work on it.

The car is great, the rolling stock not good at all. Ugly.

It’s something different, I like it. Even though it kinda has a Granny going to church driving 15 under the speed limit look, it’s a nice change, and if you decide you don’t like it, popping off the caps is free, and easy.
:thumbsup:

That’s one classy looking Fury with the wheel covers and whitewalls. I’d drive it just like it is.

Im really torn on a decent look. It currently has the OEM caps and bias ply tires. I want to get another set of wheels to put some radials on but trying to come up with a look. If it was a hot rodded maxie clone i could run craigers or torque thrusts and be done but its a stock car…

E69975B0-4483-49ED-826F-D9272B05480D.jpeg

To European sports car look. 62 Plymouth isn't a sports car. Like the car. Which do you want people to say "nice car" or nice wires"?

I like the OEM caps and whitewalls better than the wires and whitewalls.

I would like the wires better without the whitewalls.

Gorgeous car; love the '62s.
Honestly, I like the stock wheel covers better; even the whitewalls, which I usually don't care for, look right.
I'd put radial tires on it though, they drive so much better than bias-plys.

Although not era correct, how about a set of Magnum 500's? They kind of split the difference between stock rims/wheel discs and a custom wheel. Lose the whitewalls. The chrome rims will add some flash and complement the chrome on your car. This is my fairly stock '64 Polara in same color as your Fury with Magnum 500's. 15" rims are easier to find bigger tires for, than 14". Likely 215 R 70 would give a good look. Just my $0.02.

1964 Dodge 1.jpg

1964 red Dodge0002.jpg

Last edited:
Listen to your family :poke:
It is your car so do what you want and I think you have a great looking ride.
I really like the stock hubcaps myself.

I like it. Cost wise, I'd spend $100 for the wire covers vs. $1000 + for wheels... and more for tires.

Auto Transport Service
Back