• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

photo (1).JPGcx.jpg 68 charger, cam with extra finders, two driver doors and both rear full quarters off donor car, yes its worse then it looks lol

1966 belvedere II

Just purchased my first Mopar ever, been a GM person all my life and still am but I do like the Mopars, car is in the body shop getting new paint under the car, what a job, I have been cleaning and sanding for 3 weeks, adding all Manici parts like Frame connectors etc, rebuilding front end also and switching over to disc brakes-manual, everything is being repainted or powder coated, headers jet coated and valve covers powder coated also. New Mancini Torsion bars are being added also. This is a California car and it has no rust on it. Dark red body with white top and al red interior. LOVE IT

hi and welcome to the site :worthless_thread: :laughing4:

Currently getting the '64 parts off I need for the '63 I just picked up....

20140422_1934211_zps3cc7802d.jpg

Almost got the tank and fenders painted for the bike, then mount the seat (just sittin on there currently)

20140323_1813471_zpsaf634072.jpg

Not that I am ready to work on it, just have always wanted one. Found a '55 plymouth 2 door close to home, traded a big block 400 and some goodies for it.. stuffing it in a corner for a future project
00s0s_bWvJKkep3P4_600x450_zps605851a5.jpg

Porting a set of LS3 heads for a friends '71 Chevelle.
View attachment 183246

I have a set of stock heads off my 67 318 that at some point will get sent out for valves and port job... as close to 340 x head specks as I can get with 120# dual springs..... and it doesn't matter if it takes a while to do because I have edelbrock 6077 heads to run in the meantime.... if you're interested?

I need help with my 67 GTX electricals. I start my car and at any given time, it shuts down. It will immediately start again. It may run for a block or a mile, shuts down again. My current investigation is leading me to the harness connector block. Occurring intermittently with the shut down, is when applying brakes, the right turn signal comes on. "Go figger". Any other ideas? For a car that placed in the 2012 Mopar Nationals, I sure am doing a lot of resto work.

my last few days off ,then back to the grind

Got my new wagon project running today.

Hooraaaaaay!!!!!

Was bad wires and cap.

I need help with my 67 GTX electricals. I start my car and at any given time, it shuts down. It will immediately start again. It may run for a block or a mile, shuts down again. My current investigation is leading me to the harness connector block. Occurring intermittently with the shut down, is when applying brakes, the right turn signal comes on. "Go figger". Any other ideas? For a car that placed in the 2012 Mopar Nationals, I sure am doing a lot of resto work.
Run a jumper wire from the positive side of the coil to either the starter solenoid on the firewall or the positive post on the battery. If it doesn't shut off, unhook the end not connected to the coil and start working your way backwards.... by hooking it up to supplied power. ie ballast resistor one side than the other. Your probably right about the harness plug or the ammeter is opening up momentarily. which did happen on my 64 Fury and drove me nuts until i found it. Make a heavy gauge jumper out of 14 gauge wire 3" long with heavy alligator clips to jump it out under the dash to confirm whether it's the source or not.
Hope this helps,Good Luck!

New ride

Just "got" a 71 Charger that has been residing in a guys pasture. Factory 383 car if we understand correct, hasnt been tagged since 76 according to the plate on the back. Needs some work, he robbed bucket seat parts for his Challenger resto but at least I still have the frames for the buckets. Rust in typical areas and then some, but the floorboards are solid believe it or not. Going to round up all the pieces I need before any serious work begins so I dont end up waiting on parts.

Attached the preliminary pics, more to come as I get time to really get into it with the camera.

Attachments

• DSC01827.jpg
    DSC01827.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC01828.jpg
    DSC01828.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC01831.jpg
    DSC01831.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC01835.jpg
    DSC01835.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 281
Considering a replacement for my lower dash pads in a 68 Charger. Anyone purchased the repops? How do they look? Were you happy with them?

Gearvendor OD unit going in the Super Bee by Cope Racing Transmission!! Plus he's rebuilding the tranny after the first "performance" tranny was a failure.

cope3.jpg

nov 8 2014 012.jpg
Here is my 69 r/t super track pack car that is pretty much at it lightest point.

Great cars, everyone. Inspiring.

IMG_7443.jpg

BA.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg

I'm currently working on getting my A727 back into the car. Its a '69 383 base Charger (now 440). She was green, then orange, then maroon, and now satin black (just for now). The body is in decent shape beside the rear quarters and valance. My friend Chad (fellow mopar enthusiast) is doing the rebuild and shift kit for me. The electrical is pretty messed up due to previous owners.

So far, My mom and I had the motor rebuilt (about 10 years ago, probably less that 5000 miles on it), I replaced the aftermarket stock shackles with the OEMs (hated the adjustables), i rounded up the correct guage cluster (prev. owner did an ungodly terrible job at scratch-making a cluster), I'm doing the transmission, got 3/4 15" Magnum 500s (2x 8" and 1x 7"), and just minor things here and there as I'm not very mechanically inclined.

My dad bought the car a little over 15 years ago, and he died 13 years ago and left it to me. I feel like I have to get it fixed up in his honor. I'm 27 and currently having a rough time but getting her going again helps me feel better. Thanks for looking!
-Mike

IMG_7443.jpg BA.jpg IMG_6420.jpg IMG_6668.jpg

My buddy has a 69 w/383, magnum 500's. He got it from his uncle.
Fixed it all up and it is beautiful. 69 chargers are just about the coolest
Cars in the world.
Your 69 with a 440 is very cool. Looks pretty solid. Don't give up!!!
I've been working on my satellite sebring plus for 15 years!!!
Have my grandmothers mustang she bought brand new. Don't sell
Your charger you will kick yourself. Especially if it was your Dads.
Chargers are worth the wait.
Keep pluggin' at it.

Thanks for the kind words Sebring, is the blue car with white top the sebring plus you mentioned? Looks great. Yeah haha I love the second gen Charger as well. Not sure if its because I grew up around it or I just love the curves lol. She's got a way to go but I try to keep parts on the way here and there to keep momentum going. My next purchase is the dash wiring harness. Mine is hacked to pieces.

Auto Transport Service
Back