• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

Sadly, not the Superbee but a 67 GTX, rebuilding the 440.
I just finished up the transmission.

I yanked out the old gas tank and replaced it with a new Spectra. The sender had all but turned to rust. No wonder the fuel gauge wouldn't read.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 285
I bought a 1969 Satellite Sport Black Vinyl top over Gold. Interior is black also. It is a 318 LA with a 904 transmission. I am not sure of the rear end that is under it currently. I have 2 of the build sheets and looking at them shows the following: Drive axel #51 276:1 Axel ratio. I was under the car a couple of weeks ago and counted 10 bolts on the outside of it. Can anyone tell me what rear end do I have in this?

69 GTX semi resto mod

coming into the final stages of a 3 year project frame off restoration of a 69 GTX. Mostly original. My rule is this, the modifications I made can be reversed in your garage for low cost. E.g. wheels and tires, bumper color, radio (I'm getting the reproduction modern look alikes, no neon lights thing, that's just wrong). next up, 3.73 gears in the dana rear, and interior assembly... I'm relatively new (decent mechanic, but new to Mopar). send any experience and advice my way... thanks

Let's see some pics of that bad boy!

I'm still tied up with this header panel/hood division deal.

WP_20160116_12_26_23_Pro.jpgWP_20160116_12_26_06_Pro.jpgWP_20160116_12_25_33_Pro.jpgWP_20160116_12_25_12_Pro.jpg

coming into the final stages of a 3 year project frame off restoration of a 69 GTX. Mostly original. My rule is this, the modifications I made can be reversed in your garage for low cost. E.g. wheels and tires, bumper color, radio (I'm getting the reproduction modern look alikes, no neon lights thing, that's just wrong). next up, 3.73 gears in the dana rear, and interior assembly... I'm relatively new (decent mechanic, but new to Mopar). send any experience and advice my way... thanks

1969 Coronet 500, it's a driving project. Has a 75 RV 440 and an Auto. Someone made an R/T clone out of it. I don't plan to change back to a 500 again, but I do plan to remove the R/T parts, I'm not into making something in to something it's not...
20160327_160416_zpsrno6cib3.jpg

Great projects above!!! I'm focusing on the interior of my '71 SE. I'm buying parts and working on the parts I have or can! I just need to figure something out for the seats and wait for a sound deadening package gift for Father's day!

71 charger 416.JPG

Cut the passenger side floor pan out to replace it on my 67 Coronet...

0507161815.jpg

Had a talk with my Upholstery guy . My 64 Dodge Street-Strip project car is getting a custom interior. With all the Hassle I've had with the body and paint, It's starting to be no fun. Originally was supposed to be in Up. shop Oct 1 1915. Mutual agreement to extend to first part of Jan, 2016. It has been inside his shop since then. One excuse after another . I said I wanted it done march 1 st..can't get it done by then --should have it done April 1. Here it is May 10th ---Only thing done by him is the all new door panels and package tray. . Headliner finally arrived, but not installed. I told him I was missing a big local Mopar show May 14 , and nice weather -car shows- driving are getting shorter each day. My final word, I am picking it up and bringing it home in two weeks. I still have at least one week work to get the Dodge street legal and dependable. I don't know what it will look like , but by jasus, I am going to be driving it!!!

Gathering up parts to do a full brake job on the 69 Coronet more door.

This is my project, 62 Belvedere "more door".---If this isn't the place for this question please advise me, I will move it.

I am strapped with building a 360 for this car. I wanted a 440, but it isn't happening. Maybe later but now I have a couple of LA 360 cores that can be built.
I think this car weighs about 3500-3700lbs. Any confirmation on that from anyone?
It already has a 8.75 3.55 SG installed(i'd like to keep this gear ratio). The trans is a A727 Push button with that old ball and trunnion driveshaft I think it is called.
I'd like some input on a building the engine. Its just a street car, not interested in a drag strip car but still want it to move around quickly, use 93 octane fuel and be reliable, good on the highway. It has no AC (right now), no PS or PB.

Last note is that I have a MP crate engine (380hp) 5.9L in my 72 Swinger and it is ferocious. But the Swinger is a 4 speed 3.23 car. I don't suppose following that profile is any good?

Here is a starting point.....please comment.
Items marked *** are already in stock.

Compression Ratio: 10.0:1(93 octane available everywhere to me)
Block: Cast Iron LA 360, over 0.60***
Crankshaft: Forged 4340 4.000 stroke***
Rods: I Beam 6.123***
Pistons: Forged flat tops
Heads: IMM 2.02/1.60***
Camshaft:236/242 @50 .570 & 242/248@50 .585 suggested
Intake: Edelbrock dual plane Air Gap
Carb: 750 cfm Holley 4150

20160229_174957_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Getting my 66 Belvedere going.Have the rear out and blasting the housing,getting the center section together with new 3.91 and a Dr Diff power lock sure grip,have all new brakes,brake lines and all new front suspension. I will be driveing soon.motor runs great 383.once mecahnically sound I will worry about the paint later,I have the road runner to drive if I want a pretty car.
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

Currently i'm workin on my 2nd beer and ribs are almost done on the grill.
Car-wise today was starting reassembly of the front suspension of a customers 68 Barracuda. Stopped for food...lol

Just finished disassembly of 360 core engine for rebuild. Person I bought it from said it was making a ticking sound when it was pulled.
I think they were full of poop.

tmp_6273-20160528_202926962341581.jpg tmp_6273-20160528_152400-2039406480.jpg tmp_6273-20160528_1511381912085844.jpg

IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
Pulled the rear end out last weekend. I bought some Weld Pro-stars from my brothers customer but the backspace on the rears is only 4". Since we needed to redo the brakes and check the suregrip to make sure it all looks good, he's going to narrow the rear about an inch on each side.

Had some sideways play in the MegaShifter in my '65 - took the cover and the boot off - the 2 allen head screws toward the top of the shift tower that holds the shift lever on were loose - tightened them up and problem solved! Wish everything was that easy to fix....

Next stop - the wiper motor/switch - figure out why that's not working.

65 coronet shifter.jpg

Mine is sitting in the garage, with the alternator off. Had it rebuilt two weeks ago. There is a cruise-in Monday night to attend. Gotta get the part back on so we can go. My car is pretty much original. It's one of the 67' "silver special" cars." Three eighteen engine with an automatic. I have a 440 an 8 3/4 rear and torque flight waiting to be rebuilt. That will be the winter project.

DSCF1892.JPG DSCF1894.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back