• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

C pillar repair:

C459167E-5B05-4734-847C-7A5868DED8ED.jpeg 6743F1F0-765D-47D8-93F4-6A1FAE29D4D3.jpeg 924C7B7C-C698-4A07-9E7B-32CB9568270A.jpeg 62796926-0F6A-4FC4-9180-2F1B939A3444.jpeg 4646E725-38F8-4225-912B-E333256ECD76.jpeg BBD53713-3C45-4736-B6EC-86B4997E7A1F.jpeg

We have primer!!! Weeks 11,12,13 of the 69 Dodge Coronet 4 door restoration 07282019

I've been working on a 51 Chevy truck that I picked up a couple of weeks ago from a friend of Ben's. This is working out great as a filler project since the green 50 is on hold until the headers from chassis manufacture TCI show up for it. They finally got some made for their frame with the LS combo in it. The customer didn't want to spring for them at first, wanted to use the 06 GTO manifolds, but there would be a liability issue since the manifold flanges pretty much touch the brake hardline's. Supposedly the headers are a week out. I hope they work with the steering shafts I already did up for the manifold setup. We'll see. In the meantime the 51 is getting a new 480hp LS with a 4L70e trans. The truck is on a shortened 86-90 square body Suburban chassis so the engine swap, from a tbi 350, is fairly straight forward. Using the Holley LS swap mounts we checked the fit. Found the existing pan would hit the crossmember. We elected to notch and fill the frame as opposed to use a $400+ oil pan and lose 3 quarts of oil capacity to boot. Existing pan is an 8 qt unit. Its also getting wired so there will be no electrical gremlins to deal with. Where the frame got shortened, I'll need to do some work as its not finished. This thing has some major booger welds on it in various places. One of them was the front bumper where the brackets were boogered onto the frame. We had a laugh at them but as I was sitting on the bumper, with the front clip off measuring out for accessory drives, I landed on my biscuits while sitting on it. Lucky for my back it was only about 2' off the ground. Still lost some skin in areas from the sudden loss of altitude. Ben picked up a new body/paint guy as the other one could not stay off his phone and pay attention to what he is supposed to be doing. You would think that someones in his early 40's would be done acting like a highschooler. New one is working out great. Turns out they were both in some of the same classes at Wyotech. He is working out the body issues on the 36 International. We did finally get a new frame for the 63 Ford F100 uniside truck so we'll be getting on that soon too. The poor guy who owns it has dropped over a half mill, yup half mill, on it at two other shops and it still is not a driver. We will remedy that situation. Ben has two stall queens occupying space that the owners have been way lax on work funds so those two will get sent packing.

IMG_1938.JPG IMG_1960.JPG IMG_1980.JPG IMG_1981.JPG IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1997.JPG IMG_1949.JPG IMG_1973.JPG

I've been working on a 51 Chevy truck that I picked up a couple of weeks ago from a friend of Ben's. This is working out great as a filler project since the green 50 is on hold until the headers from chassis manufacture TCI show up for it. They finally got some made for their frame with the LS combo in it. The customer didn't want to spring for them at first, wanted to use the 06 GTO manifolds, but there would be a liability issue since the manifold flanges pretty much touch the brake hardline's. Supposedly the headers are a week out. I hope they work with the steering shafts I already did up for the manifold setup. We'll see. In the meantime the 51 is getting a new 480hp LS with a 4L70e trans. The truck is on a shortened 86-90 square body Suburban chassis so the engine swap, from a tbi 350, is fairly straight forward. Using the Holley LS swap mounts we checked the fit. Found the existing pan would hit the crossmember. We elected to notch and fill the frame as opposed to use a $400+ oil pan and lose 3 quarts of oil capacity to boot. Existing pan is an 8 qt unit. Its also getting wired so there will be no electrical gremlins to deal with. Where the frame got shortened, I'll need to do some work as its not finished. This thing has some major booger welds on it in various places. One of them was the front bumper where the brackets were boogered onto the frame. We had a laugh at them but as I was sitting on the bumper, with the front clip off measuring out for accessory drives, I landed on my biscuits while sitting on it. Lucky for my back it was only about 2' off the ground. Still lost some skin in areas from the sudden loss of altitude. Ben picked up a new body/paint guy as the other one could not stay off his phone and pay attention to what he is supposed to be doing. You would think that someones in his early 40's would be done acting like a highschooler. New one is working out great. Turns out they were both in some of the same classes at Wyotech. He is working out the body issues on the 36 International. We did finally get a new frame for the 63 Ford F100 uniside truck so we'll be getting on that soon too. The poor guy who owns it has dropped over a half mill, yup half mill, on it at two other shops and it still is not a driver. We will remedy that situation. Ben has two stall queens occupying space that the owners have been way lax on work funds so those two will get sent packing.

View attachment 823156 View attachment 823157 View attachment 823158 View attachment 823160 View attachment 823161 View attachment 823162 View attachment 823163 View attachment 823164
Nice trucks I'm starting a 50 5 window with a ls and 4l80.

We have the engine nailed down in its final position. The previous builder had eliminated the core support so I put one back in. That sure stiffened up the front clip! With the new drivetrain in, the driveshaft was an inch or so too short. We elected to knock out the rivets on the front spring hangers to pull it forward 1 1/2" so the shaft should be good to go, lengthwise, after we put some new joints in it. The truck is siting on a shortened 87-96? square body 1 ton Suburban chassis. Something else we found was that the tires were not centered up in the fenders, more to the rear and the tires rubbed the fenders too. Moving it forward fixed that too.

IMG_2011.JPG

The headers showed up for the 50. Put them in but I have to re-do the steering shaft/joint/support unit as cylinder 5 tube wants to be in the same area as the shaft. Need to see what TCI did on theirs when they farmed out having the headers made. The 51 is getting closer, still need some parts for that. The boss kicked one of the deadbeats cars out on wednesday, he hasn't paid anything since october of last year, says money is tight. Too bad he isn't smart enough not to post about his new projects and buys on Instagram. What an idiot. With that car out of the way, Ben was able to start putting the chassis together, made by Chopping Block in Fresno, for the 62/3 Ford uniside. This truck has been at two other shops over 8+ years, still not drivable and the owner has already put out $500k on it. The last shop, local to me, had gotten tagged by the Bureau of Auto Repair[ BAR] since they soaked him for $300k without much proof they did work on it plus a lot of missing parts. The BAR told them they owe the truck owner $200k as a fine. This place has numerous other tales of hosing customers. We will be making it right. The truck will have a Boss 9 for motivation. Will be a fun one.

IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2158.JPG IMG_1034.JPG IMG_1051.JPG

Glued the vinyl top back on the 68.
I used DAP contact cement, sprayed out of a hazard fraught siphon feed gun with a 2MM tip.

This **** is no joke.

85BB4A39-6BAD-4504-8587-F36D31B2CFC2.jpeg D42BB3CF-A29D-4706-AC61-8BBB0F45E7C1.jpeg 62B35FAB-1D54-4C21-85C5-CEFCCC140D0E.jpeg 03D05B30-776B-4A32-82C4-147A19517110.jpeg

Day 14 and long ones at that! 26 years of "acquisitions" almost cleaned out of 3000 sq ft (of 5000) for the Daughters wedding and a bathroom built... but I'll never find parts, tools, or be able to use my stuff for a LONG LONG time !
hangarcleanup2019 247.JPG
hangarcleanup2019 248.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back