• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

SNAP_20210824-175548.jpg

Just picked up this 73 A-body Duster /6 about as basic as you can get. Trying to decide what to do with it, probably keep it stock. Only 90K original miles.

RGAZ

Scuff it and paint it tu-tone...original brown/beige and then a white painted top, bit of pin stripping decal to separate the top and body color and you'd have a nice looking little car.:thumbsup:

My wife wants a Duster. I'll ask her....

I will take the ideas. I want to make it drivable while I work on the Roadrunner so I have to patch the floors and I will probably put a coat of paint on it before winter. Same color "Honey Gold" per the fender tag. Has Gold interior too, but in surprisingly good shape. It came with the hubcaps too, so I am probably keeping the poverty wheels for now, which means 4-wheel drums. (rotor kits switch the holes pattern and don't clear the steelies).

Scuff it and paint it tu-tone...original brown/beige and then a white painted top, bit of pin stripping decal to separate the top and body color and you'd have a nice looking little car.:thumbsup:

I do like the look of a white roof. That is a good idea. My buick had that and I always felt it looked cool...

IMG_0229.JPG

I do like the look of a white roof. That is a good idea. My buick had that and I always felt it looked cool...

View attachment 1173222
The 63 Electra 225 has always been on my list to customize by making doors suicide and grafting on the front clip of a mid sixties Pontiac or Caddy. Be a nice roller with 20" wheels, lowered,, bagged and a 572 BB.

The 63 Electra 225 has always been on my list to customize by making doors suicide and grafting on the front clip of a mid sixties Pontiac or Caddy. Be a nice roller with 20" wheels, lowered,, bagged and a 572 BB.

You shoulda bought mine, I sold it a year ago to a guy in Sweden. I just did some basic restoration and drove it for a while, but it was too much of a boat for me. I really like the missing B-pillar look. The frame is strong enough for suicide but weatherstripping may be a problem. Also, I had lots of internet arguments over if its a hardtop, a sedan, or a hardtop sedan. LOL Don't get me started.

IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0256.JPG

This was taken as I was cleaning it up.

RGAZ

You shoulda bought mine, I sold it a year ago to a guy in Sweden. I just did some basic restoration and drove it for a while, but it was too much of a boat for me. I really like the missing B-pillar look. The frame is strong enough for suicide but weatherstripping may be a problem. Also, I had lots of internet arguments over if its a hardtop, a sedan, or a hardtop sedan. LOL Don't get me started.

View attachment 1173224 View attachment 1173225 View attachment 1173226

RGAZ
Very nice. I always like them from the front of the front doors to the rear bumper. The front end turned me off, poor design. The Pontiacs and Caddy's got it right. Would make a bitchin looking car grafted together. Plus square up the front edge of the roof line and get rid of the curve up there. Stacked headlights rather than side by side. The weatherstrip could come from a 64-65 Conti...

If you draw a line down through the car at the center it looks like two different cars. Rounded front end and squared off rear end. If you cover the front half of the car up, and look at the rear section it's all angles, no rounded parts. Do the same with the rear half and the front half is all rounded lines, no angles. Very strange design.

img_0235-jpg.jpg

I had the first year of the 4 door "riviera" hard top- 1955.

I also had the '66 Olds 98 version of that car in almost the same color.

(back bumper is rounded per the above pic, front fenders are also rounded but look squared in the pic)

IMG_0230.JPG

Yep, pretty well rounded.

As with every car I work on then sell, I kick myself saying I shoulda kept it. But then I would never know what to drive each day!

Until 1964 (IIRC) Chrysler had 4 door hardtop B body cars.

4 door hardtop!!:lol::lol::lol:
View attachment 1173224 View attachment 1173225 View attachment 1173226

RGAZ

got the 34 tore apart blew up the flat six test fitting the tower of power
20210901_152754.jpg
20210901_161531.jpg

Bought this 1969 superbee clone last July had a cam lobe go in the first week so I went with the "well as long as I have the motor out, mentality" and one thing led to another. Started by stiffening the car/suspension with the hemi leaf springs and a set of CAL-TRAC's added subframe connectors and front and rear torque boxes and custom skid plate for a 7 quart oil pan, then went to the Painless wiring harness, new fuel tank (with in-tank pump) all new brakes/lines and master, Green bearings and new set of 3:55's in the rear-end, 440 turned into a 440 source kit - heads to crank - 512 with the Holley Sniper Stealth EFI system and the Holley hyper spark ignition system then added the TTI 1 7/8's headers (Wrapped) and TTI X pipe exhaust system with Dyna flows, up front switched to a cold case radiator w dual electric fans and only change inside was a Dakota Digital RTX Rallye dash. All the fun runs through a 18 spline 4 speed down to some old school alum slots. And YES its FUN!!!

Dodge.JPG
resto7.jpg
resto11.jpg
resto28.jpg
resto28b.jpg
resto36.jpg
resto38.jpg
resto46.jpg
resto49.jpg
resto57.jpg

Got a load of junk on the old Dakota to take to the scrap yard. Got rid of some stuff laying around here plus a buddy dropped some stuff off here. Trying to get the back carport cleaned up to where I can do some welding on my car when the weather cools down and that's this weekend! I'm about to replace a floor panel and don't like to cut/grind/weld inside the shop. Just closed the tailgate and will be out of here around 8:30am.

Got a load of junk on the old Dakota to take to the scrap yard. Got rid of some stuff laying around here plus a buddy dropped some stuff off here. Trying to get the back carport cleaned up to where I can do some welding on my car when the weather cools down and that's this weekend! I'm about to replace a floor panel and don't like to cut/grind/weld inside the shop. Just closed the tailgate and will be out of here around 8:30am.
Get rid of the junk always.

Auto Transport Service
Back