• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

I ended up gettin the wheel and hub off. The hub didn't survive. I had to cut the brake drum in half with a sawzall and wiz wheel and basically peel it off. I tried cutting the wheel studs flush with the drum, but they were swedged too much and the drum wouldn't budge. After I peeled the drum off, I got a 2 jaw puller and got the hub off. I actually was able to even save the axle with a rethreader so all I need is a hub.......and I got one. I sent a fellow on Ebay a ridiculous low offer and he was nice enough to accept it. So now I can proceed with my slip on drum conversion. Dammit all.

Went out tonight to swap tires and wheels from my rat rod truck project to my 65 Coronet. As my black cloud never fails me, here's how it turned out. I got the coronet on jack stands. Got the right rear off. Went around to the left rear and popped the wheel cover off. Somebody had rung off not one left hander.......but all FIVE. It gets better. Then, they welded the ends of the broken off studs to the wheel. I WASN'T going to swap out rear ends....it's an early nut retained axle 8.750 even though it's a 65......holdover I guess.....but now I have reason enough to go for the later 8.750. Dammit all. This will also give me reason to go ahead and get the SS sprAngs and new shackles and put all that on too.

Look at Radu Vladislaus in my avatar. That's how I felt when I popped the left rear wheel cover off. lol

I think I'm in love! What a beautiful car. It's really hard to beat the clean lines of the 66 and 67's .

here is the '66 all done :)
completepic3.jpg

completepic5.jpg

completepic4.jpg

completepic2.jpg

completepic1.jpg

Next up - I am going to be painting a '67 Satellite for another customer. The plan is to shoot it the new Challenger B5 Blue

67 dodge Coronet 440.w/a slant six 3 speed manual trans.column shift."Rare".

hi my 67 Coronet 440 w/the slant six 3 speed manual tranny on the column.thanks and God Bless Bear R.-:jerk:.!

Attachments

• coronet 010.jpg
    coronet 010.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 630
  • pass.side painted 3 003.jpg
    pass.side painted 3 003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 642
1. 70 Superbee, getting ready to "fire-up" the Hemi
2. My recent purchase, the 1977 Gremlin
Then for the week of Christmas...
1. Beer
2. Golf
3. Beer & Golf
4. Golf & Beer

1972 Javelin.....another electrical nightmare , but the car is 80% complete. finished up the interior yesterday. ill get pix of that probably today!001.jpg004.jpg003.jpg

001.jpg 004.jpg 003.jpg

Found a '71 440 with 727B tranny relatively close by in Wisconsin. Its been untouched and looks to be all original.

IMG_4101.jpgIMG_4104.jpgIMG_0112.jpg

im putting headers on my dads 66 coronet going to look for mini starter in morning .may go to summit racing no time to wait for shipping

Just finished the body work and paint on the wifes 68 Charger, used hot rod black for the stripes. Have to paint it under the carport (tarps) as I do not have a garage.68 charger.jpg

68 charger.jpg

Found a leaking freeze plug on the Satellite, so I guess that will be my next project :(

It's dripping on the center link pass side. Hope I can get to it.

now that's nice looking:headbang:

Solved the fuel delivery issue on the d150. Turned out to be the plastic fuel filter nipple deformed and 90% blocked.
Funny it ran for several days prior, and nothing was done to the filter...

Drove it down to "the shop", and played with the timing. Starting to run better and better, but still needs lots of tuning time. Falls on it's face at WOT, even from 40 MPH, although I did get the secondaries to open a few times with easy right foot.

Put in some non-eth 89 oct. Need to top off with 93. Probably needs more at 10:1. Could be some of my tuning issues.

When I got to the shop, it shut off. No fuel pump action...found twisted wires almost pulled loose...zheesh M-I-C---K-E-Y........

1966 Charger 383

Currently working on a 1966 Charger. Just brought her home 2 weeks ago and making steady progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Also working on this 1967 Volvo P1800S. I know its not a mopar (far from it), but I've always liked these cars. Rebuilt the 1800CC engine that came out of it, and then changed my mind and decided to throw a Ford 302 in it. Built the 302 and am now in the fitment process. Quite a journey.

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 356
Working on installing a 440 and 18 spline 833 in my "65" Belvedere II (now has a "66" date code 273HiPo and a 4spd.) I need to know if I can run a 10 1/2" flywheel/clutch /pressureplate/ since I have an iron bellhousing/schattershield and I can not find a number on it anywhere.Not sure if it is 10 1/2" or 11"??

I am working on my 64 Dodge. In the paint shop now. See "BRUTUS" nostalgia street and strip. Build pics there. recently in the projects forum...........................MO

Do you have the motor/trans for the "s "???

69 coronet

69 coronet.jpg

took a break from the wife's 68 charger and finally got steel wheels on the coronet, got a little leak from the gearvendors and sounds like valve noise.... it's always something

Hey joeinalpine, that color is sooo very cool on the 68 charger! what is it? I really wanted to paint my
sebring+ something close to that but went with the original winchester
gray.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back