• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's next - not starting 440 with Demon - HELP!

sounds like ecu box to me had same problem with my barracuda and that what it was hope find the problem

A fresh set of plugs will do the trick I'm sure. You could have ordered the ngk's or gotten autolites. It will still be probably be a bitch to start and run crappy till it clear out. Hotter plugs will help reduce the chance of fouling. Spirited driving at times will still be necessary to keep her running good.

So this carb DID run at one time, or is it new? It ran rich before? Maybe floats set while stopped, but ever when running? Do you have a fuel-pressure regulator? How many psi do you have? Holleys and Demons like 4-6, Eddys like 7-8. A stock replacement fuel-pump can put out 12psi.

If it's your resistor it will want to start and run as long as you're cranking the motor over, but will die as soon as you let off of the key. Put a jumper wire across the resistor and if it starts and stays running then you know what it is. A lot easier than changing a bunch of other ignition components, and finding out you should've checked it first.

Thanks Boys -
you boys were on the right track - black fouled plugs. Happy Holidays - nice when the forum works so well.
I did not think fouled plugs would keep it from starting, I thought, if that was a problem, it would just run
rough - you'all were right, really appreciate it.
Trip 66' Coronet

Auto Transport Service
Back