• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Size for 64 Savoy Wagon

brian.linn

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
I moved the springs in and tubbed the wheel wells to the frame. I have some 15x10’s on some MT 32x16.50 and they fit. I have some 15x14 slots I was going to use with the same size tire. Will I be hitting the frame. The plumbbob shows about an 1-1/2 on one side and 5/8” on the onboard side. This is where I get a little antsy. I’m prepared to backhalf the car if needed. Just curious what other guys are doing in this situation. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Nobody can answer because you have not provided enough info on the wheel backspacing.

Install a wheel set, measure the frame from the rim and then the backspacing of the wheel. Then take the wheel you are planning to use and compare measurements. Do a little math and get a reliable answer based on actual measurements!

Nobody can answer because you have not provided enough info on the wheel backspacing.

Install a wheel set, measure the frame from the rim and then the backspacing of the wheel. Then take the wheel you are planning to use and compare measurements. Do a little math and get a reliable answer based on actual measurements!

This is basically a start from scratch. The wheel backspace has no bearing on the question. I can make the rearend any width I need. I was simply asking if the 14” rim will fit between the frame rails of a wagon.

Im not needing specific answers on backspacing and diff dimensions. Just curious what guys have shoved under the car without backhanding it. Sorry if I confused anyone.

But, the wheels are 15x14 with a 4” backspace.

To be honest, i dont know for sure, but i doubt that there is enough room for a 14" wide rim between the stock location frame rails and the fender. I could see a 12" but a fourteen inch rim needs at least a 12 or 13" tread tire, and that likely gets you 15+" of section width. If you add 1/2 for clearance on each side of that section, you would need almost 17" from frame to fender. Do you have that?

To be honest, i dont know for sure, but i doubt that there is enough room for a 14" wide rim between the stock location frame rails and the fender. I could see a 12" but a fourteen inch rim needs at least a 12 or 13" tread tire, and that likely gets you 15+" of section width. If you add 1/2 for clearance on each side of that section, you would need almost 17" from frame to fender. Do you have that?

I have 17-1/2” at the top of the wheel opening. Towards the front I have about 17” and in the rear about 17-1/4”. I currently have some 15x10 wrapped in MT 31x 16.50 and they fit pretty nicely. I may just swap the tires to the wheels in question and see if they fit.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back