• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Is Your First Day To Mow The Lawn?

neighbor kid mowed mine the other day when he did his......... awesome

Tomorrow maybe?

20220415_191239.jpg

The neighbors on both sides of me mowed today so I guess tomorrow lol

My property is clay. Need 1-2 weeks of dry weather to even think about it.

I was hoping for about 4" of snow on the ground for a day so i can get one more sled ride in!
at least with grass you can rely on once a week,with snow it needs to be cut 4hrs. later sometimes!
I'll be taking the blower and cab off the mower this week so the wife can start picking up sticks from old trees on the property and haul out the porch and garden furniture! first cut will be a month off I hope!

Mine has some long patches, but everytime I think that I will mow...it rains. I usually cut at least once in April. Last year I cut it 2 or 3 times in April.

I'm in the blown down sticks pick up category now. Raking up the winter blow down. Some spots have grass that should be cut now but i'll wait till it all needs it before leveling it off at 3". Still cleaning up the barn yard and barn.

Usually not until May 1st ish
Last of the snow left a couple days back,

Well it snowed again last night, so itll be a few days more days , snow just seems to stunt everything to do with the outside , even my ambition !!

Still 2-3 feet of snow, maybe 2 months before first mowing

Mowed three weeks ago with my new Spartan ZTR. Mowing with that is a real treat! Gotta mow again this weekend, if the rain stays away long enough!

IMG_20220404_093548584.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back