• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which air/fuel meter?

I have no input... but I'd like to know how it goes once you get one. I've been looking at adding one of these myself.

I bought an AEM on Ebay for about $170 New. Haven't installed it yet. Waiting for a chance to get to the exhaust shop. I welded in the O2 bugs on the new collectors. I will monitor one bank and plug the other then vice versa.

I have the FAST twin bank unit for my 493. I keep it between the seats of my 65 Belvedere so I can monitor the ratio as I beat on it!

I bought the Innovate unit from Summit and installed a bung in each collector. The crossram has no common plenum so I have jetted each carburetor by moving the sensor from one side to the other. Works well and it's kind of neat to watch the A/F change under different RPM and load conditions.

Attachments

• DSCN3753.jpg
    DSCN3753.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 211
Years ago I worked in a performance shop. I've worked with both, innovate gauges were all the time flaking out. I have an aem in my car now, and had one in a previous car, always good results from them. Granted my experience with innovate was 8 years ago, maybe they have improved. Some problems were diy installation errors, if I remember correctly the instructions were not very good. My 2 cents.

I'd choose the 4110 over the 4100. AEM's 4110 model uses the Bosch 4.9 instead of the 4.2. The 4.9 is an improved design.

I bought an AEM on Ebay for about $170 New. Haven't installed it yet. Waiting for a chance to get to the exhaust shop. I welded in the O2 bugs on the new collectors. I will monitor one bank and plug the other then vice versa.

I wonder if you couldn't put a sensor in each bung, with the signal wire for each going to a dashboard switch so you can chose either side.

I asked Innovative about doing that and they said due to the configuration of the cable that it can't be switched. Their solution? Switch manually or buy two gauges...I've only switched mine once after I got the carburetors dialed in, but mine's a street car.

AEM wideband

Thats the one I put in my 70 Charger. This has been a great tool! For 30 years, I tuned engines by feel and smell. If the car smelled funny and smoked black, I knew I was rich. I never knew how far off I was! My car smelled fine and didn't smoke at all, but was idling in the 11.0 to 11.6 range. It should have been in the mid 14s.

I wonder if you couldn't put a sensor in each bung, with the signal wire for each going to a dashboard switch so you can chose either side.

NO, sensor and gauge are matched and can't be swapped with another sensor or gauge and be accurate...

Auto Transport Service
Back