• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which driveshaft MFG to use?

Propwash

Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions from the fine folks here at FBBO on driveshafts..... My death wish 512 will be going in the bird as soon as the torque converter shows up from PTC. After that, obviously I need a drive shaft to get power from point A to point B. I already have the 1350 series pinon yoke on the Diff. Been looking and asking around and it seems there are two pretty popular driveshaft MFG's i'd like to choose from. Either Dynotech or Denny's.

Has anyone here had any experience with either one of these companies and if so...happy? Just about 700Ft/Lbs of torque, any size/material you'd recommend?

Thanks for your time.

Had mine done at Fort Wayne Clutch. I think where "65" and I would agree is the thing about finding a good "local" shop is you can have a face-to-face with the guys so they understand exactly what you need or are looking for. After talking to the boys we decided tho use heavy wall 2-3/4" shaft material to give it the stock look with the strength I'd need. very happy with the part.

Dennis at Victory Performance Parts Driveline Components 515-282-9996 in Des Moines Ia. Tell him Steve said to call! he builds components for quite a few after market suppliers! And he is a mopar guy!

I don't know if you're close to Supershafts or not, but I think he does a real good job. Real knowledgeable guy and I ain't heard nuffin bad. lol That's usually a good sign.

Just see your local driveline shop. . . . AND then ask them to keep the china on the shelf and you'll be fine. If you wind up going with big advertizing like DT or D ask the same question, especially the 2nd...

Dennis is a Mopar guy? that's news to me, i've seen his projects before and i'd say a Olds guy, yes.

Supershafts, He is! He has donated parts and his time for an Olds project recently! He also sponsors several different race venues! (AAFA,N/SS) His main interest is mopars! He likes all old cars. A nicer guy you'll never meet! IMO

I used denny's drive shafts they were great to work with. Tech guys know their stuff IMO. Look at the 1330 series or the 1350 series made for 700 HP or more.

Thanks for all the options on other shops and Denny's guys. I appreciate you sharing your experiences. Getting this car up and running, last thing I want to worry about is a driveshaft beating the crap out of the car and/or myself.

Dennis at Victory Performance Parts Driveline Components 515-282-9996 in Des Moines Ia. Tell him Steve said to call! he builds components for quite a few after market suppliers! And he is a mopar guy!

Steve:

I Didn't Mean To Hijack This Thread But...Did You Receive The IM I Sent You About The Rechroming Work?

Terry

Supershafts, He is! He has donated parts and his time for an Olds project recently! He also sponsors several different race venues! (AAFA,N/SS) His main interest is mopars! He likes all old cars. A nicer guy you'll never meet! IMO

I never met Dennis physically but he is a nice guy, many a times ordering a end yoke or slip here and there turned into a hour conversation.

We talked for more than an hour on the hurst olds build he had did with another guy, really good guy and at times its killer the world is so big.

I've used Denny's many times-he's a local guy. I have had excellent results every time. I drive past his place all the time-if I can help you somehow let me know!

I've used Dennys in the past for the last few,nice stuff.Had Appleton Crankshaft build one for a drag car and was good as well.

Drive shafts should be made by a local company. Use seamless wall, find a local who knows their business.

You're usually better off with seeing your local driveline shop, but they could be off also.... Just as the big advertizing shops are mostly just that.

Watch the china it's all over, make sure you ask whoever to keep the china on their shelf even dennys, that crap is everywhere.

I have had great service from Dennys. They even caught a mistake I made when ordering on-line, and e-mailing me that those parts wouldn't work with each other.

Auto Transport Service
Back