• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which muscle car is ugly?

SteveSS

Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Granted most muscle cars look great but for me the 1970 Mercury Spoiler is repulsive. That nose looks like it's inviting a head-on collision. No one can say the 1970 Dodge Coronet 500 because I started this thread and I just bought one.

Which muscle car is the most beautiful? I say a 1969 Charger in silver and black because that's what I have. I also really like the looks of a 1969 Mach 1.

spoiler.jpg

Any AMC. They are just too stubby looking.

Granted most muscle cars look great but for me the 1970 Mercury Spoiler is repulsive. That nose looks like it's inviting a head-on collision. No one can say the 1970 Dodge Coronet 500 because I started this thread and I just bought one.

Which muscle car is the most beautiful? I say a 1969 Charger in silver and black because that's what I have. I also really like the looks of a 1969 Mach 1.

View attachment 1279142
That Mercury is Bunkie Knudson's legacy from when he jumped ship from GM to Ford back in the day. He should have stayed put. On the other hand, Elwood Engle leaving Ford for Chrysler turned out well for us B body guys.

Last edited:
C7 a fucked up collision of lines by a committee of 20 somethings.

The 1974 AMC Matador X. Remember the ad "It's a Matador ! "
What were they thinking.
I'll leave Mopar's Beak Cars 73 to 76 for someone else.

Last edited:
AMC was notorious for making some of the most visually displeasing cars known to man.

My dad had a knack for selecting repulsive Mopars back in the day. He drove the Plymouth version of this car, a '78, then an '83, both in metallic brown. Then he bought a Plymouth Voyager minivan. He thought my 1960 Chrysler 300F was decadent and nasty looking. No accounting for tastes.

Ford 73/74 Torino GT - 460 or not.

8A38868D-85AB-45C3-B0E2-9F1FB30C22D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a whole lotta "Musclecars" mentioned in this thread.... Lotta ugly cars, but not Musclecars....

Auto Transport Service
Back