• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which side of fuse box is protected?

I added a bit more of info while you quoted me.

To make work the seatbelt warning system is pretty much easy as far retractor sensors and seat sensors are still good. Relays and buzzers are still available around. Seat sensors too. Retractor sensors not so much.

Thanks Nacho. She's a 72, and the molding is definitely yellow, which is why I assumed right off the bat that the wire was yellow. But I think it must be green with a tracer (AC wire).

If you track that wire will find it comes from an attached extra harness. This harness can be divorced from the underdahs harness just removing that wire, removing the black wire which feeds the AC control switch for the blower function, remove green for blower ( on NSS wiring block ) and blue wire for compressor clutch ( engine wiring block ) from bulkhead, and pull out from A/C box speeds resistor block.

True will need to isolate the black wire, since this wire comes originally naked on underdash harness, because it was allways inserted either into the A/C control switch plug, or the Heater control switch plug

Low fuel it was a driver's aid option just for 71s and is hard to find a car with that option equipped.

Can't be added on 72/74s without some wiring mods ( or bulb socket mods on insert ) thought because the seatbelt light and drivers aid light was constant negative and activated by positive on 71s, while on 72/74s the seatbelt light was constant positive and turned on by negative.

The 72/73 seatbelt warning system setup information can be found on the master technician conference manual. It consist on a relay which gets the seats and seatbelts sensors signal, the transmision neutral signal and the Ign1 ( run ) circuit signal, to turn on the warning light and the buzzer for it
There is one thing that I can't figure out. What are these connections on the wiring diagram? Everything else I have figured out. Male, female connectors, molexs, moldings, splices, etc. But these little things, I don't know what they mean or are supposed to look like
20210313_081510.jpg

Packard terminal plug, angled like a V. If you look down your seats will find those too, for the seats sensors

Packard terminal plug, angled like a V. If you look down your seats will find those too, for the seats sensors
Thanks Nacho. When I had my seats and rugs out to put in a driveshaft loop, there were a bunch of loose wires and connectors under the rug/seats. They didn't connect to anything, so I marked them with tape and put them on my shelf with other spare parts. They must have been seat belt sensors. So I do have those.

The plug you marked on diagram must be on kick panel area. It gets the harness coming from floor panel down the carpet parallel with seats.

Same kind of plug is used also for the lights on buzzer harness pigtail Which must be hanging around the radio area with black and black with yellow trace wires.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back