• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHITE OR SILVER OR TEAL

WHITE, SILVER or TEAL

• WHITE

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • SILVER

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • TEAL

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • WHITE WITH SILVER TOP

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
There are different whites? A peril white works great with black strip and interior. Might want a brighter shade for that blue?

RoadRunner front quarter.jpg

I have a hard time changing the Factory Build color, as I like originality. Looks like it was white, but owning 2 Teal/Teal mid-60's, I've always liked the Teal/Aqua, especially with the new paints.
Another look, white with a teal roof, or teal with a white roof. I believe those were Factory options ?

Last edited:
Morning Dan You saw my 64 Savoy Gray with Blue interior.
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1546.JPG

Ever since I got my first BIG box of crayola crayons, a few months ago, I like COLORS. Do what you feel, but to be real, seal the deal & make it teal.

As you can see I'm prone to Light Turquoise, but I think your turquoise interior, which looks great BTW, and a turquoise ext may be a little too much. However, Mopar did offered 2 shades of turquoise and there are some beautiful shades of white available by various manufactures.

IMG_2082.jpg 6251238-1966-plymouth-pc.jpg

I have to agree with you, it would be an overload. The body on the car and the chassis is amazing. There are places like the sides of the car which has many door dings that need repaired, faded areas, scratches and dents on the nose of the hood and quarter which all need to be addressed. My thinking is maybe fresh paint and a change of color to the center of the side trim which may pull the colors together instead of overwhelming the car with an all teal or turquoise exterior.

If you do end up keeping it white, I would seriously consider finding out exactly what Runner 68 did on his car. It is stunning imo.

The mechanical aspects of the Fury are winding down with the next job to tackle is the body and paint. White, black and red seems to be the predominant popular colors but with the color of my interior, which is in pretty nice shape I find myself limited to two choices. First is sticking with white WW1 which is a very common color based on my searches. My second choice is silver MM1 which while not rare is a less common color than white. The interior color is blue/teal and turquoise all which match with white and silver. While the choice is mine I thought I would ask for opinions based on appearance of the end product.

View attachment 1243481 View attachment 1243482 View attachment 1243483 View attachment 1243484
Just the way it is. I like a contrast between the inside and out. My Swinger is B5 inside and out. It's a lotta' blue!

If you do end up keeping it white, I would seriously consider finding out exactly what Runner 68 did on his car. It is stunning imo.
It is stunning but I have had custom colors before and unless you are a painter and know what you are doing you are constantly chasing nicks in the paint. I would prefer a stock color that is easy to repair.

Paint is such a hard choice on mopars! Not like a chev where the engine bay is black no matter what. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between red, white, and black on my 64 for months (red interior). For yours I really like the idea of teal on teal.

E5A077E3-4C41-464D-9756-F174EED57060.jpeg

I would like to see a two tone paint scheme using white down to the first body line below the mirror and then teal the rest of the way down.

I had a 70 Sport Fury that was a factory FP6 (Frosted Teal Metallic) with a matching teal interior, and a VO2 EW1 painted top...very rare colour combo and it looked amazing! So I vote for Teal. ;)

Red, Praying my '63 will be on the Road, this year. It's ALL the teal/aqua Possible ! If we're close enough, check it out, if your not in a rush. My car came from the Factory this way, so it IS an overload...
IMG_20181030_090953475.jpg
1025201531.jpg
1025201537.jpg

This is one I had several years ago, the car came from Texas via Canada. 1963 Dodge 440 with a 383.

3186CF77-0663-484D-9216-3D572CAD146E.jpeg
8A686F2A-6A01-444C-A624-49EAFA51D1FD.jpeg
FF266F43-8090-49FF-B0BF-78979AF7248A.jpeg

How far are you willing to tear the car down? Changing to a different color requires an almost complete teardown to pull it off. Keeping the same color you can get by with masking the door jams, trunk and engine compartment and just shoot the outside.

I like the original white but the teal would look great also with the interior. Good luck with your decision.

I LOVE white with a blue interior.

...but I also love teal.

Sorry.

How far are you willing to tear the car down? Changing to a different color requires an almost complete teardown to pull it off. Keeping the same color you can get by with masking the door jams, trunk and engine compartment and just shoot the outside.

I like the original white but the teal would look great also with the interior. Good luck with your decision.
I have thought of that too and realize that the more I do the less I get to enjoy it which is why I bought it in the first place. The motor compartment needs painted in some areas but feel it could be done without pulling the engine if kept white.

Auto Transport Service
Back