• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’s a Member of Facebook - Why?

+1 for Facebook Marketplace.
In my area it has completely killed craigslist and other classifieds.

I’m thinking of joining Facebook but don’t know anything about it other than general stuff. My absolute only source of social media is FBBO. I’m retired and looking for more social outlets so I thought FB May be the way to go. Not looking for a lot of clutter but more opportunities to stay or get connected with people. How about you? How long and why did you join? Benefits? Thx in advance for posting.

It has a lot of negatives and some positives. That said, it's where I found my Belvedere. I wouldn't own it if I wasn't on Facebook. It wasn't even in Facebook marketplace, just in a 1967 Belvedere group (technically, just a GTX group).

On a side note - Yes FB has killed Craigs in my area too. On the other hand I bought FB stock years ago..... no further comment required

On a side note - Yes FB has killed Craigs in my area too. On the other hand I bought FB stock years ago..... no further comment required
I was in it early to at about $20. Sold it off around
The .com crash along with Amazon which I was in at around $40. Yep no further comment required either....ugh

Nope don't care for it
if your buying & selling or have a business that needs
that kind of exposure, it's probably somewhat good/beneficial
or IF your cheap *** & looking for deals all the time,
or selling junk etc. yeah, It's got all that...

IMO it's gotten' to big for it's own good now

made Neo-Fascist Zuckerburg billions

It's also full of scammers/conns too
like any social site you have to be guarded who you relate/associate with
user beware

I know quite a few that are social media junkies/addicted to
FakeBook, my sisters are a few of them

it's a huge waste of time
IF I want to waste time, I come here talk MoPars
(I know we have a fakebook link to FBBO too)

I browse from time to time, mainly links off here
or a couple of the other MoPar site, I occasionally visit
RR forum or the truck forum

I spend most my "facetime" with my friends here,
if I want -www- internet connections...

I keep in touch with my family & old friends I want to, regularly
I don't need a web site to do that for me...

I'm sure it has some good attributes
just not really for me
it's extremely hard to quit an account too

I really dislike all the god damn censorship aspects
all the petty BS, keyboard commandos run amuck etc.
FakeBook, they deem who is offensive or what is offensive
sorry but;
the 1st Amendment doesn't work like that...
& I've heard some nightmare stories about **** from there too...

some is BS & even if a little of the negative is true
NO THANKS, I don't need any more drama in my life...
I just don't like that total dick/douche :upyours: Mark Zuckerburg...
or anything he stands for or owns...
I hate him & what he stands for, with a passion :usflag:

I rarely say I hate anyone, it's not worth the effort of grief/time/drama...

IMO his affiliations, he's part of the problems in "so called news & resources",
or their so called "fact checking"
Censors actual free speech, especially "patriotic values"...
It's really bias & very arbitrary on how they deem "the rules"
or who's offensive & who's not...

I refuse to support anything he & "the overlords/acting like Big brother"
or all the negative anarchist douche's are involved with/support...

It's good for occasional parts, car searches & a laugh every so often...
links to others videos (racers hangout) etc.
Some entertaining or funny political videos ever so often
( I get that **** sent to me constantly or see it on here )
Other than that;
I avoid FakeBook like the Wuhan Chinese virus/pandemic/plague... or even more

good luck & enjoy, you asked, I was honest forthright with my opinion...
I'm sure some that love it, won't like my opinions/response too...

:soapbox:

Wall of text.jpg

Last edited:
Liberal piece of ****, censoring asshole, mark suckadick is the main reason I don’t “do” facebook.

The .com crash along with Amazon which I was in at around $40. Yep no further comment required either....ugh

It was painful just reading that.... ya I got Amazon too... :bananadance:

Was on it for about 5 yrs, mainly for family. …..But all the crap pix got to be too much. (Example) An old friend sent a pic of a frog sitting on his deck railing. :D
A buddy of mine posted a vid of his 4 year old holding out a bug for a frog and when the frog zapped the bug with that long *** tongue, the kid about jumped out of his clothes lol.

Didn't FB ipo around this time in 2012 and around the mid 30 dollar range?

Liberal piece of ****, censoring asshole, mark suckadick is the main reason I don’t “do” facebook.
Tell us how you really feel!! lol Yeah, there's a few that post about that guy.....but usually they speeel his name with an F......

Im on it, have most of my privacy settings set to private, which is just a list of people I allow. Has some mopar sites that I frequent looking for parts.
My biggest warning is do not purchase anythin from any of the ads.
Vendors and people on the mopar sites have been pretty trustworthy when completing transactions. But use your discretion.

If you are the type that likes to take a picture of your food and post it so everyone can see it- then this site is for you.

Im on it, have most of my privacy settings set to private, which is just a list of people I allow. Has some mopar sites that I frequent looking for parts.
My biggest warning is do not purchase anythin from any of the ads.
Vendors and people on the mopar sites have been pretty trustworthy when completing transactions. But use your discretion.
So far I haven't bought anything....just sold stuff. There's a LOT of tire kickers on it but most of the people that come out and buy are ok.

I was a member for years. It was a great way for me to keep in contact with friends like Charlie Keel/CDR that are far and away, but the vitriol from all of the squabbling in current events as well as getting fired from my last job convinced me to turn it off and leave. It was more poison than anything else...

I was a member for years. It was a great way for me to keep in contact with friends like Charlie Keel/CDR that are far and away, but the vitriol from all of the squabbling in current events as well as getting fired from my last job convinced me to turn it off and leave. It was more poison than anything else...
You have control of the 'poison' that comes into your account. My sister is probably the most poisonous person I know and ended up blocking her from my account. She's one of those people that thinks is the smartest person on earth and her sheeeat don't stink and I'm not even going to talk about her political views. It's bad enough that she still treats me like her 'little' brother plus she's still pissed off that we moved away from all of 'her' friends etc when she was 16. I was 12 at the time but what did I know and was too young to remember anyways.....her words. And I still stay in touch with CDR too on there.

I started to watch the kids and grandkids,then I joined a few MOPAR pages and posted some pics. How in the phuck do I have 3500 friends?? I know a few hundred with the school thing but the rest must be aliasses........:rofl::rofl:

No.

Facebook should be renamed Chatty Cathy

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama::drama:
:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy:

Auto Transport Service
Back