• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’s doing what in the off-season.

I actually did the math correctly for the back spacing. 12" wheels fit with 10.5Wx31 within the stock frame rail (flange trimmed) and outer wheelhouse (lip not trimmed).
Doug

37398.jpeg

I actually did the math correctly for the back spacing. 12" wheels fit with 10.5Wx31 within the stock frame rail (flange trimmed) and outer wheelhouse (lip not trimmed).
Doug

View attachment 1398698
Sure can’t go wrong with Streetlites and man do they look good with your colour.

Also built a pair of Carter Comp 750's for my sons 62 Savoy. I bought these carbs used in 1980. The turbo motor is going into the Duster project. So it's getting a 485" low deck to run in N/SS. Plenty of mods to the Indy mod man intake.
Doug

37609.jpeg

37616.jpeg

37010.jpeg

37007.jpeg

bought a set of NOS holley 4235-36 Reproduction race hemi/wedge carburetors that i have fitted QFT metering plates to tone down the excess fuel at idle and mid range. jetted them down a little to 75. planning on running them primarys inboard just like the hemis on my wedge.
i bought them because holley markets them for the wedges also, No linkage problems on the intake and after reading on how to make them more street/race freindly .
https://images.holley.com/0-4236.jpg
https://images.holley.com/41504160flange.jpg

VIDEOS
0-4236.jpg

Larger Image
HOLLEY

770 CFM FACTORY MUSCLE CAR REPLACEMENT CARBURETOR-FACTORY REFURBISHED​

1968 426 HEMI LH Carburetor-4160
Part # FR-4236Be the first to write a review
NOTIFY ME WHEN AVAILABLE
Does it fit my vehicle?

Emissions​

This part is legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles.
See Emissions Details
OVERVIEW
Holley still offers original list number carburetors for highly collectible muscle cars. Over time these carburetors have been nearly impossible to find, but no longer. These are NEW nearly exact reproductions of the originals. List Number 0-4236 is the 770 CFM "Left Side" Carburetor that Originally came on 1964-65 426 Wedge and 1968 Chrysler 426 HEMI Engines using the Cross Ram Intake Manifold. Original Castings will have the O.E. Number 2946262. This is an official Holley Performance Factory Refurbished Carburetor listing. Factory Refurbished carbs are NOT old worn-out carbs that have been rebuilt. They are brand new carbs that were returned under warranty. When these carbs are returned, we check them out and most of the time there is nothing wrong with them. Generally, they were simply adjusted out of working range by the installer. Since these carbs may show signs of a previous installation, our policy is not to sell them as new. Rather than scrapping them, we are making them directly available to the public. Not only does this help us control the costs of our new carbs, it allows you to get a great deal on a like-new carburetor! Factory Refurbished carbs have undergone a thorough inspection. Any damaged parts that would effect performance have been replaced and the carbs are solvent cleaned before being wet-flow-tested on Holley's state-of-the-art flow benches allowing them to be recalibrated to new carb specs. Factory Refurbished carbs may have scratches, blemishes, and other visual flaws from previous installation. Factory Refurbished Carburetors have limited availability.

Features:​

• Gold Dichromate finish for corrosion resistance and classic Holley looks
  • Calibrated as a replacement for 1964-65 426 Wedge and 1968 Chrysler Hemi engines using the Cross Ram intake manifold
  • No choke just like the original
  • Vacuum secondaries for use on wide variety of vehicles. Compensate for all vehicle weights, gearing & transmissions to allow smooth opening of secondaries.
  • Original List Number Stamped with Current Date Code
  • Original factory right side linkage
  • 100% wet-flow tested by Holley technicians to assure it arrives ready to run!

What the heck are those going onto, the Batmobile?
TTI said I cant do cam break in with their headers, so i bought the zoomies to put on the car for cam break in... then ill put the tti's on it

Before you put tti's on make sure there are no lean cylinders with zoomies on. Right after cam breakin.

finished rebuilding them today after 30 years on the shelf. nice working with brand new carbs. based upon another thread here setting up these carbs the metering plate was the main issue with them,,.100 holes in the idle circuit instead of metered fuel along with the emulsion tubes, just dumping fuel. they have been reduced to .030 with the QFT plates and adjustable emulsion tubes. all have screw in IFR bleeds. 2.5 power valve, and the orange pump cam. along with an adjustable secondary diaphram, main idle screw wont be used so as not to disturb transition slot, these have a idle screw for the secondary butter flys that will be utilized. the linkage is at an angle but so was the afb's.

looking for metering plates for the secondarys that take screw in jetts, so far all i found are units that convert the rear fuel bowl over to center hung. want to stay with side hung units.

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

finished rebuilding them today after 30 years on the shelf. nice working with brand new carbs. based upon another thread here setting up these carbs the metering plate was the main issue with them,,.100 holes in the idle circuit instead of metered fuel along with the emulsion tubes, just dumping fuel. they have been reduced to .030 with the QFT plates and adjustable emulsion tubes. all have screw in IFR bleeds. 2.5 power valve, and the orange pump cam. along with an adjustable secondary diaphram, main idle screw wont be used so as not to disturb transition slot, these have a idle screw for the secondary butter flys that will be utilized. the linkage is at an angle but so was the afb's.

looking for metering plates for the secondarys that take screw in jetts, so far all i found are units that convert the rear fuel bowl over to center hung. want to stay with side hung units.

View attachment 1399338

View attachment 1399339

View attachment 1399340
Very interested to hear how these work for you. The point about the .100 holes dumping fuel especially. I’ve still got some surge at idle on mine, that may be playing into it. I have the rear metering blocks on my 770’s that your looking for but I’ve got no extras.

Before you put tti's on make sure there are no lean cylinders with zoomies on. Right after cam breakin.
my brother has a IR thermometer,,we will be checking tube temps,,I purchased a wideband O2 set up, putting that on the TTI's she will fatten up a tad with a full exhaust

When I break a motor in the timing is always up around 40-45 total. You have zero load on break in so no different than cruising down the road with vacuum advance. Keeps the exhaust much cooler.
Doug

Thanks for this, it’s probably the fix for my idle surge, which I suspect is from fuel pooling in the intake at idle.
i installed the QFT metering plate today. it has .028 screw in IFR for the idle circuit as well. unlike the stock plate that is around .080 open Hole.. i dont know what metering plate u have there but it would be a good idea to address that also for that "fuel pooling" issue. combined with your front M block thats alot of Xtra gas...

i installed the QFT metering plate today. it has .028 screw in IFR for the idle circuit as well. unlike the stock plate that is around .080 open Hole.. i dont know what metering plate u have there but it would be a good idea to address that also for that "fuel pooling" issue. combined with your front M block thats alot of Xtra gas...
This is all good info. I have the rear metering blocks that replaced the plates. But yeah, I think there’s improvements coming once I get around to it again. Greatly appreciated.

Auto Transport Service
Back