• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who else lets their kids take their cars to Prom?

Outlaw525

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
My 18 year old son just left for prom. He took my Charger Daytona. Three years ago my oldest son took my Road Runner. Doesn't seem like 34 years ago when I drove my '70 Road Runner to prom. I'm feeling old right now but this passing of the torch feels pretty cool.

030.jpg
age-7076.jpg

Last edited:
Not yet but in 10 years I cant wait to let my kid take the charger out.

My 18 year old son just left for prom. He took my Charger Daytona. Three years ago my oldest son took my Road Runner. Doesn't seem like 34 years ago when I drove my '70 Road Runner to prom. I'm feeling old right now but this passing of the torch is pretty cool.

And where's the picture of you in the '70 for your prom? :)

Well done on trusting your boys with the cars. I bet they had the coolest cars of all at the Prom :headbang:

Unfortunately all I have is one Polariod of the car. The rest of my pics fell victim to a vindictive ex-wife many years ago.

I had one of those to took my whole photo album and records for all my past cars and burned them in the driveway. Great photos

I let my son take my Dart to prom. I was sitting in the park when I heard the unmistakable sound of a small block Mopar winding up...mine. The car went past the park wide open. He may not have been too smart, but he sure had balls.

I had one of those to took my whole photo album and records for all my past cars and burned them in the driveway. Great photos

same here..Drears.:icon_cry::icon_rolleyes::eusa_doh::edgy:

My oldest too my Plymouth Breeze and burned out the brakes on it. After that, I told him that he would never drive another of my cars. I now have a 1969 Satellite Sport, that he really wants to take out. Not happening. His brother could without question, as could his sister.

The oldest daughter when to prom and her date drove her in a POS Ford Fiesta. I knew at that point that he was a loser and he was and she married him and things got even worse. The youngest didn't even want to bother going lol. She's like me in a lot of ways. I wasn't going to go either until this knockout of a girl begged me to take her sister who wasn't a knockout and was just plain strange. Thought I could make brownie points with her if I did take her sister but once that was over, she never said another word to me. Then on top of that, her sister fell in love with me. Geez.....women.

Thanks for the heads up (when I make the old lady upset hide the pictures)
No kids here ,I didn't go to prom ether (I was working)
But when we do have kids ,NO! There not driving my car they can get there own .

Auto Transport Service
Back