• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's got computer skills?

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
So in 2010 I bought a Macbook... It was rock solid for nearly twelve years... December of last year it died... I bought a windoze machine with windows 11... Six months later I have weirdness...
My taskbar across the bottom of the screen is gone... I haven't been able to access my email... All of the open windows left the screen but the video that I was watching continued to play as I could hear the audio... I was able to open new windows & at some point I found a screen showing the hidden windows & closed them....
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

There is a setting to actually keep the taskbar hidden, but it should re-appear when you put the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Once you find the taskbar again, you can change the settings. Had you previously set a restore point? If so, I'd try to go back to it.

A Macbook? That's not a computer! :poke::lol:

I am on windows 10 yet so maybe this will or maybe it won't help...
If you put the mouse over the very bottom of screen it should bring the task bar back up. Right click on it somewhere there is no icon(the middle) and pick "lock the task bar" and then do it again and pick the taskbar settings. Turn off all the cute-sy stuff like small icons, automatically this or that, and it should stay put.

As for the video stuff, only time I heard of that happening is when some intrusive advertisement with no audio controls on it starts prioritizing itself over the web page you are on.
Don't use the default windows explorer. I use "Opera" internet browser because it has auto ad blocking. Took me a bit to get used to compared to google chrome I had been using, but I like it more now.

I have no idea what MS all did in windows 11 though, so I might be sending you on a wild goose chase compared to 10 that I am still on.

Putting the cursor at the bottom of the screen doesn't bring the taskbar back, my browser is Duck Duck Go...

The audio in the background was the video, not an advertisement...

And say what you want about Macbooks, that thing never acted goofy till it was twelve years old & got wet...

And say what you want about Macbooks, that thing never acted goofy till it was twelve years old & got wet...
Wow, sounds like you are on borrowed time. Wet?

Putting the cursor at the bottom of the screen doesn't bring the taskbar back, my browser is Duck Duck Go...

The audio in the background was the video, not an advertisement...

These instructions regarding the taskbar take a bit of typing, but might fix your problem: How to get your Windows 11 taskbar and Start menu back

In my mind, I’m a computer genius to be able to send an email with an attachment and to be able to post pictures here. If I have computer problems, I contact my kids.

I now know how my parents felt when they couldn’t figure out how to program the VCR and had to have me do it.

True that. I couldn't come close to figuring out our TV or how it's set up for Netflix and such. What's with the dongle thing that allows me to watch
You Tube videos from my phone ??? I was able to program my printer to accept signals from my phone though. I was pretty proud of that. :lol: :lol:

I am actually an IT guy but...here's what I do when I come across things like this-

"Google" (or search engine of your choice) the problem(s) using as succinct a description as possible including operating system version and leaving out "common" words.

Example- "win 11 task bar missing"

not

"I have a windows machine and can't find my task bar"

I am actually an IT guy but...here's what I do when I come across things like this-

"Google" (or search engine of your choice) the problem(s) using as succinct a description as possible including operating system version and leaving out "common" words.

Example- "win 11 task bar missing"

not

"I have a windows machine and can't find my task bar"
It's all in how you ask. :thumbsup:

Tech #1 is my daughter. If she can not help me she will holler at one of her kids.
(Get you *** in here. Pops fckd up his phone/ computer again.)
At that point one of grandkids will show up. Lol

...sounds like something I read in the political forum. :lol:
Ernie Facepalm.png

:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back