• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is this guy a fbbo gold member

72 BLUE 400

Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
He had a wanted add,then bumped it,I replied and now he forgets to send payment,had to contact him,he has been on the site for less than a month but is a gold member??

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody can pay the $50 to be a gold member.....
Honestly, people who only accept Postal Money Orders are a turn off for many.

That's the way it goes, You wanted paid money order only and he couldn't make it happen. Let it go. He can be a Gold member if he wants. There are no rules there that say if you are one, that you have to send Postal Money Orders out within 2 days. Get over it.

The Gold membership charge covers operational costs to keep this Wonderful website up and running. It also provides users with added mailbox storage, the ability to post pics in PMs, etc. This is a buyer/seller issue, not a gold member issue…

Anybody can pay the $50 to be a gold member.....
Me for one. Who wants to deal with USPS more than absolutely necessary.

I deleted the screenshots because some of them had personal information in them.

I deleted the screenshots because some of them had personal information in them.
Thanks, Good you did. I was heading back here to clean up a little. :BangHead:

Maybe the site should charge a fee to members who only use this site to post for sale adds

look what $50 gets you nowadays
You obviously don't know how things work here. For a guy that has been a member since 2009, you aren't as observant as you should be.
Being a GOLD member is not a matter of reputable status, of benevolent actions, of charitable history or masculinity.
ANY member that wants to be GOLD just needs to pony up the cash.
The feedback score system here helps with determining who is a good risk to deal with. Not familiar with it? LOOK around or ask a Moderator to direct you to it.

He had a wanted add,then bumped it,I replied and now he forgets to send payment,had to contact him,he has been on the site for less than a month but is a gold member??
1692591320615.png

I couldn't have said it better...thanks. :thumbsup:

'Payment plans' are even worse. Gold Membership does not a stand-up member make, but it shows they are prepared to pay for what they get.....unlike some who want it for free, and then bitch about it afterwards.

and the gold members are out of there basements,i get it guidelines and suggestions on the site dont apply if your a{paying}GOLD MEMBER,so yes i see how it works.thanks for clearing that up for me

I think there should be Silver membership for $25, Platinum for $75 and Diamond for $100, and you can't join unless you prove you're a stand up guy by posting a wanted ad and then paying for what you bought.

Maybe the site should charge a fee to members who only use this site to post for sale adds

I considered that and similar things a long time ago. I think It's more important that we have as many parts listed for sale as possible and charging for the ads would mean less ads being posted.

In this case what the OP is complaining about is he responded to a Wanted to Buy ad and the guy chose to not buy the part the OP wanted to sell him.

I considered that and similar things a long time ago. I think It's more important that we have as many parts listed for sale as possible and charging for the ads would mean less ads being posted.

In this case what the OP is complaining about is he responded to a Wanted to Buy ad and the guy chose to not buy the part the OP wanted to sell him.
I agree, my post was ment to be sarcastic towards the OP. I understand not all members have the etra funds to become a gold member and support the site.
When I look up th OP posts, mostly forsale threads, and responses to WTB threads. He is pretty much running a business selling parts (and he has sold alot). He can't find $50 to support the site which is enabling him to make money.

Auto Transport Service
Back