• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will my manual distribution block work on disc brake conversion

CRAIGXLH1

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
can I still use my manual distribution block? already bought a wildwood adjustable proportion valve for this conversion. thank you

By manual do you mean manual drum?
If you have the adjustable proportioning valve that will be installed in the rear line, you are doing it right. The "distribution block" is merely a junction that connects the left side front to the right side front and separates the rear from the front. It also incorporates a switch to alert if a hydraulic failure has occurred.

Yep what Kern said, you will have to use the proportioning valve that comes in the kit, it is essential to balancing the rear brakes with the new master cylinder and front disks. Here is a picture of mine. Its tough to find a decent spot for it.
20141228_165448.jpg

By manual do you mean manual drum?
If you have the adjustable proportioning valve that will be installed in the rear line, you are doing it right. The "distribution block" is merely a junction that connects the left side front to the right side front and separates the rear from the front. It also incorporates a switch to alert if a hydraulic failure has occurred.

it has 11 x 3 manual drum on it now and non power master cylinder and bought new disc brake master cylinder thank you very much

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back