• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wipers parking mid screen

1968rick

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
My wipers are parking in the middle of the wind shield. Still make full sweeps when running just parking wrong. Question is what went wrong and how to fix it.

My 68 manual doesn't say anything about park switch adjustment for a 2-spd. Looks like new wiper motor time.

Is it possible that the motor was disconnected from the wiper linkage at one time and now it's 180 degrees out? That happened to me once on a car I bought.

My 73 had the same issue before I restored the car, however, after restoration, no problem, parks great. I did not rebuild the wiper motor, just cleaned it up and greased it. I also installed all new wiring, so based on that assumption I am guessing that since the parking occurs under power, either a bad ground to the motor or one of the connections could be causing the issue. Have you cleaned the contacts on all the connections and also made sure the ground is good?

aSK Kim from passion4mopars a vendor here on the site she has all the answers for you. I know I fixed mine when rebuilding it by making sure the motor was clocked on the housing properly and the metal contact inside was right.

Auto Transport Service
Back