• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire number confirmation

paladin06

Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
OK, on my 69 roadrunner wire diagram wire number W5A-12R runs from the ammeter to what I believe is a ground. Can someone please confirm and advise where this ground is located?

I do not have a wiring diagram but an ammeter is in series with charging circuit and never to ground

I did the mod that takes the ammeter out of the loop. The wire from the ALT through the firewall to the ammeter is gone. The other two wires a1-12r and w5a-12R are tied together.

Ammeter does have a positive and negative side.

the ammeter gauge in our cars is a DC volt meter that read voltage drop over a resistor "shunt" and depends on current flow charge or discharge reads a negative voltage on charge and a positive voltage on discharge and all this is in series with power wire between battery car and alternator to read direction of current
same as if you hook your voltmeter in reverse needle goes backwards

Auto Transport Service
Back