• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WIW? 69 Coronet 440

Cevidicus

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
Hey FBBO Crew!

I just picked up this 1969 Coronet and would like to know what the FBBO community thinks it may be worth. I have a good Idea, I think. But what do y'all think?

It has rust in the lower rear quarter panels, leading edge of RH fender, rear window corners, front floor pans(in the usual places) and trunk floor. I am sure I will find more once I get it home and can go over it more. The rest (sub-frame) looks solid.

It has good wiring. No rodent damage that I saw which was surprising given the location. the engine is complete and original yet not running. there is a hole in the timing cover that someone put a screw in to seal the leak. Oil looks good, dirty but no water. A/C system is still intact and looks to be sealed.

Clear title. West Texas car. 318 auto column shift a/c 8 3/4

So, what do you think? After a few post Ill tell what I paid.

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 712
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 661
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 749
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 686
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 659
On fender tag:

r11 vo2 23
ao4 g33 h51 j25 m21 m33
w1 t7 h2t t7 809 ****
e44 d31 wh23 fg9

Well you bought, so I can guess the price was right for you, and that all that matters.

Well you bought, so I can guess the price was right for you, and that all that matters.

Right.

I just want some validation and opinions of someone in the know. It would also help my lovely wife not make me sleep in it. :sleepy2: It is starting to get a bit cool at night here.

Ever since I sold my Super Bee.....:eusa_boohoo:...I have been regretting it. Now I have the opportunity to build another 69 Coronet. I am just about to burst with excitement. You know?

'Red' circa 1999ish

Attachments

• scan0065c.jpg
    scan0065c.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 605
  • scan0062.jpg
    scan0062.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 631
As hard to find as a 69' Coronet is, in ANY condition,.....$3000-ish?

:tongue8:

Nice Bee'...glad you found your long lost passion (mojo).

Looks like a White Hat Special.....Was, Coronet included in the 69 Dodge White Hat Promotion?

:icon_axe:

Well you know all of the details already, Prine. :bootyshake:

I feel like I stole it. I cant wait to show your Duster my tail light feature. Yea, Yea, I know...... when the turbo comes....blah blah blah.....

We had lots o' fun in that Red car....Remember that Camero on Bell Street? And the Supra while you were driving on Knickerbocker? Ahh the good ole days... Looks like they are returning for both of us....

Last edited:
Bewdy mate, looks very straight!

What's with the black scoops on your Bee? I've seen a few now that have black hood and side scoops, why were some done in black and others the same color as the car?

Bewdy mate, looks very straight!

What's with the black scoops on your Bee? I've seen a few now that have black hood and side scoops, why were some done in black and others the same color as the car?

Thanks!

The black scoops, top and stripe were a 'spring special' package that came on that car. That is the color combination it came from the factory. It was a 4-speed, bucket seat-console car.......:eusa_boohoo:

Black hood makes me think of a 6-pack car......

On fender tag:

r11 vo2 23
ao4 g33 h51 j25 m21 m33
w1 t7 h2t t7 809 ****
e44 d31 wh23 fg9

Nicely bought. Since it's a STL car, I'd be interested in knowing more about it if you wouldn't mind sharing via PM. I track 69 STL cars and have close to 2,000 on file. One more always helps. :)

Nice color combo! Hope you go back to the T7 and the Saddle interior. My 69 R/T is T5 and saddle interior, you don't see them everyday. Good luck! It's nice to have a factory AC car also.

I'm not sure what color it will be painted. Probably not T7 though. Im going the custom route so the car will be an expression of what I want it to be and what I have been dreaming I could make it be. I have had lots of time to think about it after I sold the Red Bee.... It will be above and beyond what that car was........ atleast to me.

It will go through several stages before It is done. In the end, it will have an injected 3rd gen hemi, A/C, manual trans with overdrive, disk brakes, 17 inch wheels, power windows.....

But for now I just want to get it home and get it running so I can drive it. Then I'll start on the body work. I already have some sheet metal to replace the rusty stuff.

I'll start a resto thread after it is home.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I look forward to contributing to FBBO.

Nicely bought. Since it's a STL car, I'd be interested in knowing more about it if you wouldn't mind sharing via PM. I track 69 STL cars and have close to 2,000 on file. One more always helps. :)
I have a '69 coronet which I cloned into a Bee. Just wondering how I would know if it were a STL car?

Simple. If the VIN has a "G" in it in the 7th position, then it was built in St. Louis

Wow, whatta deal!
And I thought I got a good $2500 deal on my 69 Coronet 440! It sure needs a lot more work than that one does!

I can't wait to see what you do with it, as your final plans are VERY similar to my final plans, and we've got very similar cars!

Wow, whatta deal!
And I thought I got a good $2500 deal on my 69 Coronet 440! It sure needs a lot more work than that one does!

I can't wait to see what you do with it, as your final plans are VERY similar to my final plans, and we've got very similar cars!

Thanks for the kind words. It is really good to have another Coronet. I also have dang near an entire Ramcharger set up and a ton of parts from when we built the Red one long ago. They will come in handy I'm sure I'll start another thread on it when I get it home. Hopefully this weekend.:headbang: For now, I just want to get it running and moving under its own power.

I seem to recall you looking for or at one on FABO some time back..... Glad you found yourself one.

Same color as my '69 500, looks pretty complete too.

great price, good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back