• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Workin on the Dart "The thread"

Cam showed up today from being regroud at bullet! Should be a nice street cam.

9E38AD9B-696C-4CBD-8B3C-8050D862FA95.jpeg

Very close to the cam I'm running.

Nice build!

I'm in the process of building a 11.5:1 to 12:1 572 as we speak.
So I look forward to seeing your progress, keep us posted.

I'd cut that K frame so the oil pan can come off. You will thank me later.
Doug
I notched mine similar to yours.Can get to the front oil pan bolts with a shallow socket & extension.
Aluminum heads & stands will shave of almost 9o lbs!

I notched mine similar to yours.Can get to the front oil pan bolts with a shallow socket & extension.
Aluminum heads & stands will shave of almost 9o lbs!

I trimmed the lip off the rear and welded it up. That’s as far as I’m going. Roads are brutal around here, I wanna keep some integrity as I do and will continue to put miles on this car.

9B80A131-634B-4BB7-ABCC-440D6218BE28.jpeg

2BCEF6BC-D963-4B40-AC69-ECE95A36461F.jpeg
DA1322AF-9B90-4317-A27A-307CE1CE369B.jpeg

Aiming for 9s with the dart?

Supposedly they help, figured can’t hurt as easy as they are to add. 9’s? Shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t have the safety equip though so I may be slowing it down as I don’t plan on adding more bars at this point.

My dad come up with a used gear drive a few years back. I dug that out to see what I need to make it work

ADE516AF-B059-40A2-8F15-F06BFEA55734.jpeg

Nice, you can MPH them at the top end that way. I had a turbo bike that was about a tenth slower 60 ft than every one else, but had a great top end charge. If they were only 1-2 bike lengths on me at the 1/8 they were done.

Auto Transport Service
Back