• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worlds Apart

MustangAndy

Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
Well long story short I've decided to finally bring MY car home to OUR house, where I and MY Dad/Friends/Brother can actually WORK on getting this car DONE. I rented a trailer from U-Haul and brought it home yesterday afternoon. Mom on the other hand wasn't too receptive. :(

Anyway - Back in the mid to late 70's my dad owned a '74 Charger SE Brougham. 318, louvered windows, center console, gold inside and out, etc. Bought it new when he came back from the service. He was having quite a few flashbacks when he was helping me out today.

I honestly got more done today - IN THE RAIN - than I have in all the time I've owned this car:

• New spark plugs
  • New spark cables
  • New cap
  • New rotor
  • New battery
  • New negative battery lead cable
  • New positive battery lead terminal
  • Moved all the spare parts to the trunk so it's out of sight giving the interior a slightly better appearance
  • Used steel wool to clean the over spray off any chrome parts.
  • Painted roof black
  • Finished the primer more or less
  • Reinstalled the OEM 2bbl. Carter carb
  • Got the Charger fired up and running
Photo op with my Dad's '07 Charger (3.5L Sixer SXT). Quite a few differences here. You can see how times have changed and see what's popular now vs. then. Weird how 14" wheels look right right on the '71 as opposed to the 19's on the '07
53400022.jpg

53400023.jpg

53400024.jpg

53400025.jpg

53400026.jpg

53400027.jpg

53400028.jpg

We have a 06 Charger (Wife's ride) Granted it is a nice driving car and plenty of room but it really should have been named "Coronet"!!! Although the new 2012 Chargers do bear a "closer" resemblance to a 1969,70 Charger. I spent some time looking at one and they do have similar body lines and I do like the tail lights, But when I go out in the garage and look at my 69 I think yes this is a Charger!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back