• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow half a million bucks ($500K) for a Max Wedge?

i asked the guy about engine numbers and if the car did infact have aluminum fenders, hood and such and he pulled the ad the same day, hummm?

Price.......?

Fact is....... $500K is an ASKING price..... Not a SELLING price...!

MOPAR to em.....

i asked the guy about engine numbers and if the car did infact have aluminum fenders, hood and such and he pulled the ad the same day, hummm?

Gee why am I not shocked? Total BS. The car is listed in Darrell's book as a 63 Polara 500 convertible max wedge,if the VIN is correct. That makes it a rare car and if it is all there and restored, might fetch 175K today. But NO Polara 500 was availalbe with the aluminum front end. I also would have loved to see the motor.

Just got on here to talk about the 63 polara max wedge convt that everyone is an expert on, i happen to be the owner of this car and it is aluminum nose car, it was the new york auto show car and galen inspected this car in 2005, i don't need to prove to anyone of you the validity of this car,however you are very welcome to come to 60 railroad ave hasbrouck heights new jersey and inspect the vehicle with anyone you want to, should know what you're talking about before you make statements that your friend or some BS magazine you read, read the dec 1990 mopar magazine article it is the centerfold and big article

63 max wdge convt, this car was never tubbed, mini or otherwise,govier inspected and decoded this car oct 12th 2005, this was a fatory built car that was shown by dodge at the new york auto show, moon mullins the chrysler dist rep said it was for display only and not for sale, eventually it was sold to walter hall a chrysler employee who raced this car then named devastation and was featured in national dragster in the 60's and 70's mike davis bought bought this car in the 80's and raced it till 1992

amen to that,the man has a right to start the price where ever he wants & i hope he gets it it's always easier to go down on price then raise it!!!
is it me or is this place starting to be like the more the mofarts wiw section with all of the know it all idiots!!!
Just got on here to talk about the 63 polara max wedge convt that everyone is an expert on, i happen to be the owner of this car and it is aluminum nose car, it was the new york auto show car and galen inspected this car in 2005, i don't need to prove to anyone of you the validity of this car,however you are very welcome to come to 60 railroad ave hasbrouck heights new jersey and inspect the vehicle with anyone you want to, should know what you're talking about before you make statements that your friend or some BS magazine you read, read the dec 1990 mopar magazine article it is the centerfold and big article

Well i guess we will see if and when all the experts come and see my car, i was going to post all the documentation,but after all the bad mouthing i will let all the smart guys come see for themselves, my bld is open 10-6 6 days a week come see the car, ask for bobby powell or robb ellis!!!!

Please remind me to never post anything on this site that I can't back up with 50 pieces of documentation. I guess the ball is in your court, boys................

Well i guess we will see if and when all the experts come and see my car, i was going to post all the documentation,but after all the bad mouthing i will let all the smart guys come see for themselves, my bld is open 10-6 6 days a week come see the car, ask for bobby powell or robb ellis!!!!

Not doubting you at all. Just wondering why you pulled the ad.

max wedge conv

It was pulled by my employee because he didn't have the paperwork at the warehouse and couldn't reach me, i have a pretty good collection of 60's & 70's race cars and muscle cars and never want to misrepresent anything to anyone,when i saw this forum and read what was said i was amazed how people can be like this, one guy said i was giving weed with it, i see he has a 70 roadrunner and i don't, maybe i collect all the wrong cars, can't wait for these guys to really do the right research and it will come out, thanks for your post!!!

If it is real you have a one of a kind car and I would love to see it and you should have no issue than about posting the article and documentation. I know if I had this car I would be shouting from the roof and showing the paperwork. If I am wrong I apologize, but I have never heard of this car nor has anyone that I respect as an early Mopar authority. Darrell Davis' Dodge 426 Ramcharger book for 1963, shows no Polara 500 of any style built with the alumimum front end. I am sure he would like to know about this car.

$500,000

The weed comment was about the asking price in this market ..I Never said any thing about the car or your paperwork provence to prove what you have..To you I am sure it is worth you asking $500,000 I just do not see it selling for any near where Half Million Dollars in this economy..Half Million Dollar cars are Sold at auctions like Barrett-Jackson that is where the DEEP pocket buyers goes. I had GG look at my 70RR too !!!..I said it was my .02 cents...Opinions are like ******** every body has one..:eusa_think: Rick

It was pulled by my employee because he didn't have the paperwork at the warehouse and couldn't reach me, i have a pretty good collection of 60's & 70's race cars and muscle cars and never want to misrepresent anything to anyone,when i saw this forum and read what was said i was amazed how people can be like this, one guy said i was giving weed with it, i see he has a 70 roadrunner and i don't, maybe i collect all the wrong cars, can't wait for these guys to really do the right research and it will come out, thanks for your post!!!

Another example of "never say never" I don't believe there is any mopar books out there with exact and accurate numbers on production numbers, cars, etc. Too many different people's hands in stuff over the years. Just because it might not show up in some guy's book, doesn't mean it may not exist. Seems there is cars always surfacing that were never made, and many can be authenticated. I learned years ago, never say never when it comes to Mother Mopar....

Half a mil?

Let's see... I could buy one each of my favorite cars; another restored numbers matching A12 69 Superbee, a 70 Hemi Roadrunner, a 68 Hemi Charger an ACR Viper.

And a few acres and a new shop to park them in.

I think you'd have to really really love that particular car and have way too much money to invest to seriously consider that max.

"And a few acres and a new shop to park them in."

Maybe in Texas. 500K MIGHT buy the land and shop in California but then you wouldn't have anything to put in it. lol

Remember that there are guys out there who look at 500K as pocket change (some current political candidates come to mind). I, for one, don't blame the OP for ASKING that much. Wouldn't we do the same thing if WE were the owner?

Was this car raced by Dan Dvorak? It sure looks like his car. If it is its uncut and has a long and storied race history by a legendary racer.

"And a few acres and a new shop to park them in."

Maybe in Texas. 500K MIGHT buy the land and shop in California but then you wouldn't have anything to put in it. lol

Remember that there are guys out there who look at 500K as pocket change (some current political candidates come to mind). I, for one, don't blame the OP for ASKING that much. Wouldn't we do the same thing if WE were the owner?

I am sure you are correct about values in CA, but just a few miles from my place here in north Texas there is land for sale at less than $900 an acre...

And of course anyone can ask whatever they want for anything. Speaking of which, I am willing to part with a donor rusty slant 6 auto Coronet 440 with no engine or trans for $99,000.00 I will take $98,600.00 if I can keep the door regulators.

Was out of town just got back and wanted to reply,and yes this was dan dvorak's car and he also worked on it when mike davis owned and raced this car, small world huh!

Auto Transport Service
Back