• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB slip on collectors

wedge69

Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
I thought I would post this here as racers know what I am in need of.
I need a set of Slip on collectors for my headers I am bulding.
2" Primary . I can work with the final like 3.5" or so.
Let me know if you have 1 or a set.
Please PM me as I read that first.
Also any 2" used (Not rusted out) headers for parts.
Thanks
Tj

Sorry no used ones here... But, you could just buy some Flowmasters 4-2-1 Scavanger series collectorsthey aren't that expensive like $139-$169 pr., not sure about sizes... I've had both the 1-7/8" & 2.125" sets... I got mine from Summit Racing

Attachments

• Exhaust Flowmasters Scavenger Series Collectors C134218234.jpg
    Exhaust Flowmasters Scavenger Series Collectors C134218234.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 211
I was looking at those. Not sure on the lenght as thay look real long. But at this point I am open . I just finished the left side yesterday so now I need to pull them back off and finish weld them.
I am Stocked on bulding a set as thay are Not made for these cars.
Thanks Bro !!

I was looking at those. Not sure on the lenght as thay look real long. But at this point I am open . I just finished the left side yesterday so now I need to pull them back off and finish weld them.
I am Stocked on bulding a set as thay are Not made for these cars.
Thanks Bro !!

Your welcome, I've had good luck with them, the longer tubes are good for engine not spinning to ultra hi-rpms, great for torque too, my headers both were custom headers also, short tubes like appr. 24" before the collectors, they worked great for my combos ...

Got a set. Thanks Budnicks for the info and help !!

Got a set. Thanks Budnicks for the info and help !!

your very welcome, if the 2-1/8" are too big you could use a expander/spreader on the header tubes maybe, I did that with the step headers I built, it worked out great !! kind of a bit of a PITA but worked good... just do it slow you only got one shot at it... Good luck have fun...

Attachments

• Exhaust Pipe Expander Summit Racing $29.95 1.5in-2.48in WMR-W80661.jpg
    Exhaust Pipe Expander Summit Racing $29.95 1.5in-2.48in WMR-W80661.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 172
Turns out the merge colectors are Not going to work for me. So I have those up for sal and I am looking again for a set of slip on colectors. 2" Primary and 3.5" to 4" exit.
let me know if you have anything ?
Thank's
Tj

Ok I am in the market for a set of slip on collectors with 2" primary's. Anyone have any in good shape ??

Ok I am in the market for a set of slip on collectors with 2" primary's. Anyone have any in good shape ??

I'm afraid to make a suggestion now...LOL... too bad the Scavengers won't work for ya', Good luck either way

what makes the other/Scavangers not work for ya' ?? just curious

With those you need every other cylender match up with the other. That way thay will work as a true Scavenge system. With my fender wells the tubes don't run beside each other but one on top of the other one. So a standerd set of collectors will work better. I didn't want to take a chance on upsetting cylender balance and so on.
Your all good as far as I am conserned and Do respect you input as you and I have done pritty much the same thing in the past when it come's to cars !!
Just thought it better to cut them lose and start over ?

Auto Transport Service
Back