• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another carpet question!

uk-maxie

Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi all

I've just trawled thru all the carpet-related threads but could only see one brief mention of correct positioning of the 'heel pad' (if that's what it's called?).

We bought our carpet a couple of years ago from MPS and have just got round to starting to fit it this weekend!

The carpet is in 2 sections; the front has got the heel pad but doesnt have any other features to help position it correctly in relation to the pedal or the dimmer switch or the console or the rear section. So what I'd like to establish, before I start trimming the sides and making holes, is the where the heelpad should be in relation to the pedal base.

Going by the old carpet we removed and a couple of pics I've seen in resto books, the pedal base should be about 1" forward of the heelpad and just about lined-up with the right-hand edge.

Does this sound right? Anyone know for sure?

It's for our 69 Sport Satellite, by the way.

Any help gratefully received, as usual :icon_salut:

Thanks Dustman, we've since found that with the pre-made contours in the carpet matched as best we can with all the odd humps & bumps in the floor, the pedal base ends up 1/2 on & 1/2 off the heel pad.
I've seen equal amounts of original carpet pics that show the pedal fully-on, fully-off & half'n'half, so I guess anything goes!

Auto Transport Service
Back