• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yippee!!! She came back home!!!!

anmracing

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
After 3 long months, the mystress is back... Yup, she was at the body shop getting a new coat of paint.

For anyone who needs a paint job, Classic Gold in Tempe Arizona totally rocks!!! We went there once a week and everytime the car was in a different phase.. The body guy was great, he would stop and talk to us about what he was doing, what was next. Michael, the painter, always took time to make sure everything was looking the way we thought it should.

Thanks Classic Gold!!!

img_5923-L.jpg

img_5970-L.jpg

_mg_7111a-L.jpg

_mg_7345a-L.jpg

_mg_7437a-L.jpg

_mg_7513a-L.jpg

I am soooooo stoked!!! What a thrill to see her looking so fine.

Here's the long story.... Click here.... Most of the work has always been done by me and the wife but the Engine was a great deal from Year One so we decided to jump on it and of course the body and paint was not something I wanted to tackle. I tried but dang, that is a LOT of work.....

Let me know what you think.

A~

What did they do sand what did they charge you? I live in Sedona and one of these dsys I need to have my 69 painted.

Stunning, Nice wheel choice!!

Thanks, they are a discontinued wheel. 17X9 Hotwheels Sixty Eight with 255/50ZR-17 Nitto Invo. They were a cheap version of the Coddington Timeless when I bought them.

A~

Hey which EFI system does it have and do you like it???

It's the Edelbrock system. Came complete with the intake, unlike the Holley. We have been really happy with it. I turn the key and it starts. No more pumping the carb, wait 5 seconds turn it over twice, pump it again, do the hokie pokie... LOL! It's was an awesome upgrade that I wish we had done years ago....

A~

What did they do sand what did they charge you? I live in Sedona and one of these dsys I need to have my 69 painted.

I highly recommend them. They do most of the local Corvette club's cars. They did several fancy motorcycles. When we picked her up, they had a model T that they were getting ready to work on. They have a frame off Camaro they are working on and they did Extreme's GS after it caught fire at Firebird. They have a good rep. Let Michael know I sent ya'. He'll know me when you say AnMRacing. He's got a killer Dart that looks amazing, ask him about it and he'll show it to ya' while your there.

Andrew

Thanks everybody! I am so excited to see her like this. I've had this car since high school and it pretty much looked the same this whole time. The wife was buggin' me to get her painted but I just didn't know what I wanted. Finally bit the bullet and I wish I had done it a long time ago!!!

The one thing that really had me worried was the stupid windshield gasket. Dang it! I couldn't find it anywhere. I called everywhere. I finally told them to get it since they have the connections... Well, it almost seemed as though maybe they didn't have the connections after all..... One place said they had it but did not come through. They called another one of their vendors and they found one in a warehouse. Thank goodness, otherwise everyone kept saying 6 months... BS!!

I was getting ready to order some interior parts but the wife said NO!!! WTF?!?! Turns out she's already got parts on order.... LOL!!!!

Thanks again everyone!! And THANK YOU CLASSIC GOLD!!!!!

A~

I highly recommend them. They do most of the local Corvette club's cars. They did several fancy motorcycles. When we picked her up, they had a model T that they were getting ready to work on. They have a frame off Camaro they are working on and they did Extreme's GS after it caught fire at Firebird. They have a good rep. Let Michael know I sent ya'. He'll know me when you say AnMRacing. He's got a killer Dart that looks amazing, ask him about it and he'll show it to ya' while your there.

Andrew

Well, thanks, but you didn't answer either of my questions.

Auto Transport Service
Back