• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinion of the Crossfires.

SteveSS

Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
I always thought they were cool. I know they were unpopular but I saw one at the Mega Mopar Series in Denver and the SRT models are pretty damn quick. Too bad the SRT only comes as an automatic. They are pretty cheap considering they are a Mercedes SLK.

Put a Hemi in them, they’re really quick!

1654942276293.png

1654942302694.png

1654942346314.png

I like the convertibles with a six speed. A buddy of mine had a hard top 6 speed for about 4 years and it was a good car. No issues.

1654944286796.png

Missfire. Chrysler designers obviously had nothing to do with it. Ugly German.

Love them! Drive very nicely and cool looking; very reminiscent of a Bugatti Atlantic or certain Talbot Lagos. And yes, as I understand, Chrysler DID draw it.
Tried to buy one as a daily for teh Mrs when they came out; she liked the car but the lack of rear and rear 3/4 vision kept her from feeling comfortable in it in traffic. Ive been sorta off and on looking for a real nice manual transmission one for myself over the last couple of years; White with the two tone interior please.
One can keep it running with no problems, the only issue with the car is body and trim parts; if you crunch a hood or a headlight you are in a world of hurt...

Lack of parts is a real problem on these.... Little items like bulb connectors and such...

rented a convertible in Maui, pretty cool on the road to Hana. my wife wanted one after that trip, test drove a srt model that was for sale in ohio with low miles, was not really that fast IMO. If I bought one definatley would be a convertible. never liked the coupes look. Rc's comparison above is spot on. :p

I'm always trying to think of overlooked cars. 2nd Gen Chargers are great but you're going to pay the big bucks. I'm always trying to think out of the box. That means cars that are cool but might not be very popular.

when i thought about buying one a few years ago I was trying to buy one right for resale in several years to get my investment back or at least close to it. the SRT6 models have a fixed wing on the back which help with the looks. standard has one that comes up under speed.

I'm always trying to think of overlooked cars. 2nd Gen Chargers are great but you're going to pay the big bucks. I'm always trying to think out of the box. That means cars that are cool but might not be very popular.
Did someone say overlooked cars, well how about this one. 77 amc hornet amx :lol:

87ADB12F-7A07-40EA-BE29-F0D44FF01438.jpeg

He has it at the show every year. Really the only thing Chrysler about it the badging. Have to go to MB for parts and service.

They are fast in that they have a top speed of 150 mph but not really quick in that it takes a bit to get there.

I have this one. 2006 6 speed manual.
Super fun to drive, sticks to corners.

IMG_8429.JPG

IF was ever going to have one, it would have to be the roadster. Didn't like the PT Cruiser all that much either nor the Prowler...

When they were new there were allot of them around the SF Bay Area... Very trendy among the "alternative lifestyle" community..

Auto Transport Service
Back