• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please give me your feedback and opinion regarding this 1970 Superbee for sale:

No, not primarily. It would be part of a collection, but I have never resold any of my cars.
for that price the car should be correct, 1 year only so yes rare car and would be nice for your collection. People love or hate the 70 Bee. I love mine. It will definitely turn heads.

for that price the car should be correct, 1 year only so yes rare car and would be nice for your collection. People love or hate the 70 Bee. I love mine. It will definitely turn heads.

Thanks so much for your reply and feedback.

Looks like a factory error in body stamp. the 3 on vin is a 4 on the body from what I can see.

Thank you for this info. I’ll take a look. Can you tell me which photo number you are looking at for the body stamp?

It’s photo 277. I’ve seen the same digit off by 1 number on 2 other hemi cars built in same plant For 70 build year. Is interesting to see another. So not uncommon to see errors in assembly line back in the day.

There is an old cars sales quote “there is an *** for every seat” . The values of these old rolling works of art are not measurable or often realistic. If there are two or three people bidding with deep pockets, just have to have that car. The sales price might be Crazy. If there are people bidding that would like the car but have a budget I’m pretty sure it will be “reserve not met “

It is a "thin" and unique market on cars like this. My current GTX illustrates it. I negotiated with the prior owner for 20 years. He didn't want to sell it for a premium over the high market value. I was willing to pay a premium because of my personal connection with the car. Last year, we finally cut a deal at market price, my insurance (Hagerty) agreed it was worth that much. Fast forward to this summer, and a serious collector made me an offer significantly over what I had paid for the car, and well above current market. Like the guy before me, I chose not to sell it. If I was a motivated seller, different result.

1. I would like a 100% validation of what is going on with the radiator core support vin, including some form of visual evidence by the previous restorer. Best case it is a screw up by Chrysler, medium case the core support was changed, worst case it is a rebody. For this kind of dough, you need to protect yourself with information, and information that can be passed on when you or your heirs sell this car.
2. It's too bad they did not do a better restoration of the underside pans. This is a price deduction from any #1 condition premium the car might normally bring.
3. Considering what it is, I think the Hagerty evaluation posted previously is too low, but I am not qualified to place a value on this car.

1. I would like a 100% validation of what is going on with the radiator core support vin, including some form of visual evidence by the previous restorer. Best case it is a screw up by Chrysler, medium case the core support was changed, worst case it is a rebody. For this kind of dough, you need to protect yourself with information, and information that can be passed on when you or your heirs sell this car.
2. It's too bad they did not do a better restoration of the underside pans. This is a price deduction from any #1 condition premium the car might normally bring.
3. Considering what it is, I think the Hagerty evaluation posted previously is too low, but I am not qualified to place a value on this car.
Hagerty valuation used to be really accurate, but I've noticed they lean to the low side lately. Data is supposed to track auction sales, but they must be behind on the updates.

Hagerty valuation used to be really accurate, but I've noticed they lean to the low side lately. Data is supposed to track auction sales, but they must be behind on the updates.
I noticed that as well. Here are my thoughts, speaking from the experience of buying two, and selling three GTXs in the last three years (not a flipper or dealer, it just worked out that way, two once in a lifetime cars fell in my lap.) Current prices seem to reflect what you can actually realize on a sale, whether you do a private transaction, or put the car up for auction, and pay the consignment fee and sales commission (or consign to a dealer). Old Hagerty values seemed to reflect what a retail buyer would pay a dealer, or purchase at auction, paying the buyers fee. The spread between the private party sale of my 4-speed car, and the current ask of 89K in Hemmings is a pretty big number, and reflects this difference.

Four GTXs just went across the block at Mecum Harrisburg, I was there, and inspected all of them closely. The two hardtops are currently for sale by dealers, marked up considerably from purchase price at auction. Both those cars were purchased at current Hagerty book for their condition (average,) a good deal for a reseller. The two convertibles both sold for way over current Hagerty book price, and have not entered the resale market. Both of these were relatively rough relative to their appearance in online photos.

Hagerty just merged with State Farm, which may have influenced how the values are determined.

The core support number mismatch and full undercoat would give me serious pause in the 200K price range. Hagerty is simply a general guide, actual worth is determined by the buyer. However, their 140K valuation seems a reasonable ballpark, perhaps a bit more if the core support number mismatch is documented and pictures are available of the undercarriage prior to the sprayfest. Would also want to know why the hood is not original.

Bid to $199,000...no sale.

Screenshot_20230825-191747~3.png

The seller made out exceptionally well on the car. I agree 2 years ago that was a $125k car.

Auto Transport Service
Back