• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘66 Hemi Charger for sale ***not mine***

Nate S

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
E89A8BDD-C51C-41B3-A570-26073DC373B3.jpeg
Saw this on Facebook Marketplace in Gloversville, NY. Looks pretty neat. No phone number but you can probably go searching and find it.

AEF1BAD7-A671-44A3-A03E-ACE3CB670D4D.jpeg
7157411F-4A4D-4903-A538-15E55FB449E1.jpeg
Original unrestored condition rare NASCAR 426 HEMI car! It's in very good condition as its been in storage most of its life. Special order car. Factory 426 HEMI, NASCAR rear spoiler, automatic trans, power steering, RARE power windows, center consul, clock, bucket seats, remote power mirror, power headlight doors, RARE mauve poly paint. 45,000 original miles. Certi card is in the car!

Some rust in lower quarters as seen in pics. Other than that it's rust free! Runs and drives.

Asking $41,000. Very rare car to find in this condition with all these factory options!!!

Oh, and a picture of the mini wing. Don’t see those often!
48CFE8CC-D0B7-4BD8-9E77-C4E0B50A8A14.jpeg

Cool find Nate.I have a friend that has about ten of those 1st gen Chargers,including a 66 Hemi Charger,and three 67 L code 440 Chargers.

The best part is, it's mauve.

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Mauve_alert
Rose: What’s the emergency?
The Doctor: It’s mauve.
Rose: Mauve?
The Doctor: Universally recognized color for danger.
Rose: What happened to red?
The Doctor: That’s just humans. By everyone else’s standards, red’s camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It’s got a very basic flight computer. I’ve hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Wherever it goes, we go.
Rose: And it’s safe, is it?
The Doctor: Totally. things go awry. Okay, reasonably. I should have said reasonably there.

So, how many Mauve Hemi cars exist now, Cora's, the matching car with black interior, from the states, and apparently one in Canada, and this one. Would like to know the build date on this one.

That is a cool looking one.

So how does one get ahold of this person when theres no facebook on this end ?

So how does one get ahold of this person when theres no facebook on this end ?

I can reach out to them via Facebook if you’re interested. Get a phone number or email or something.

Lot of REALLY neat things going on with that Charger!
Cool can....is well cool!
I can do with out the 426 GT stripe, and the animal print by window switches, but I bet the GT stripe was cool back when it was first installed.
426 HEMI is a HUGE ++++++
Spoiler is another +
The console clock +
Period rims +
Is that huge box by the coil, a CD ignition box?
Also what are those things in corner of inner fenders, located by the hood hinges?
I really LIKE this car!!!

They look like some sort of vacuum canisters????

Last edited:
Lot of REALLY neat things going on with that Charger!
Cool can....is well cool!
I can do with out the 426 GT stripe, and the animal print by window switches, but I bet the GT stripe was cool back when it was first installed.
426 HEMI is a HUGE ++++++
Spoiler is another +
The console clock +
Period rims +
Is that huge box by the coil, a CD ignition box?
Also what are those things in corner of inner fenders, located by the hood hinges?
I really LIKE this car!!!

They look like some sort of vacuum canisters????

those canisters look like lights. I caught the cheetah print too.

Slimt: OH man Good EYE on the lights!!!!
Now that you say that, I totally see, I think your right, man my eyes must be getting bad, or its this small lap top screen, LOL.:thumbsup:

I also dig the surfer foot dimmer switch!
The top console plate has some funky thing going on, and are those extra gauges under the dash, on that silver/chrome bracket?
(seen by the clock on console)

Yeah, looks like lights to me too and noticed the cool can pretty quick. Used to run one in the same location on my first 66 Belvedere but didn't see any improvement on my ET so took it off. Hey, what did (do?) I know back in 1970 lol

Slimt: OH man Good EYE on the lights!!!!
Now that you say that, I totally see, I think your right, man my eyes must be getting bad, or its this small lap top screen, LOL.:thumbsup:

I also dig the surfer foot dimmer switch!
The top console plate has some funky thing going on, and are those extra gauges under the dash, on that silver/chrome bracket?
(seen by the clock on console)

owning a Hemi car back in the day must of been a special feeling Then showing it off as well. I could totally see it. When being parked after cruising the streets. I could see the lights being used for showing off the engine , parked , bragging up the car. I like it. Just like the good old days , love it.

if a Nascar spec 426 hemi was put in there, it wasn't done by the factory. it would also have a bath tub intake with a single Holley carb. still a cool car

if a Nascar spec 426 hemi was put in there, it wasn't done by the factory. it would also have a bath tub intake with a single Holley carb. still a cool car
It probably got changed out for beating the competition. get the most out of the most.

See the can off the side of the rad? It looks like a coiled up fuel line inside. Keep it cold so it does not boil up.

I think the seller may be confused a bit.(or maybe not, depending )
I remember years ago there had claimed to be a VERY small amount of "Nascar" edition 1966 Chargers from the factory.(85 made??)
They were all 426 Hemi's with the rear spoiler, and the windshield wiper blades(not the refill, but the part that STAYS with the car) had a unique wing/spoiler on them, to prevent lifting at speed, and had the (Nascar style)cowl fed air cleaner and ducts and Nascar wheels.
I remember a white one being in some books and magazine articles.
I believe that GRAVEYARD CARS had on episode with one.
Mark, and Tony looked it over.
I think it was DISPROVEN that this was ever a factory produced car, and was something a few dealers in the south put together.

Again, I am not an expert, I just remember seeing and hearing about it.
I am not sure the factory ever put a NASCAR RACE Hemi in street(production) Chargers?

Here is mention of it at end of description:
http://smclassiccars.com/dodge/2997...er-seen-on-graveyard-carz-low-miles-2-dr.html
Coiled up fuel line is the cool can, VERY popular aftermarket part, from 60's and 70's.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back