• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1/1 gallons Eastwood epoxy primer/catalyst price good?

That's an "OK" price, but not the best. I may be biased having worked in that industry, but you should be able to find it in the $60-$80 range. The issue is you can't just buy 2-part epoxy at Lowes. Your best bet is an industrial paint supplier. You almost can't go wrong with epoxies. Amine "part B's" react fast (30-60min.)& polyamide "Part B's" react slower (1-8 hrs.)....."in general". They'll all stick & prevent corrosion.

That's an "OK" price, but not the best. I may be biased having worked in that industry, but you should be able to find it in the $60-$80 range. The issue is you can't just buy 2-part epoxy at Lowes. Your best bet is an industrial paint supplier. You almost can't go wrong with epoxies. Amine "part B's" react fast (30-60min.)& polyamide "Part B's" react slower (1-8 hrs.)....."in general". They'll all stick & prevent corrosion.
Eastwoods paints are manufactured in China........
Not surprised...so a price that's more comparable to China made crap should be more in line with around 35 bucks. What paint brands are made in the U.S?

The best IMO is PPG's DP epoxy......Has been around forever and has been proven to be what it claims to do...I used it in the lead days and the lead free days of today and have never been disappointed.

Its worth the additional 50 bucks....

Coretech (made by benjamin moore), made in USA.

I like s.p.i epoxy primer pricing isn't bad and customer service was excellent

The best IMO is PPG's DP epoxy......Has been around forever and has been proven to be what it claims to do...I used it in the lead days and the lead free days of today and have never been disappointed.

Its worth the additional 50 bucks....
I concur wholeheartedly, been using DP many years.

For American made 2-component epoxies you can go with PPG (as mentioned), DuPont (French company, but American made), Sherwin-Williams, Akzo-Nobel (European company, but American made), Carboline (top notch), Rust-Oleum (decent) and there are others.

I'll be shooting some SPI epoxy for the first time tomorrow. Around 100 bucks RTS.
I've always used PPG DPLF. Decided to try SPI due to the positive feedback and price.

Auto Transport Service
Back