• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Savoy Build

Here is the new 3rd pump mounted and picks at the show

IMG_4623.jpeg

IMG_4624.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_4627.jpeg

IMG_4628.jpeg

Your using a gasket? I put a MP aluminum pump in a housing no gasket and pump impeller fins dragged on back of housing. I'd check that even with a gasket. Car looks great. That yellow submarine hurts my eyes. Edit see you used a gasket.

Your using a gasket? I put a MP aluminum pump in a housing no gasket and pump impeller fins dragged on back of housing. I'd check that even with a gasket. Car looks great. That yellow submarine hurts my eyes. Edit see you used a gasket.
Yes both had paper gaskets but this time I put liquid Teflon thread sealer on the bolt because I saw coolant drying up on the threads. Lol! Yeah that’s my Dad’s yellow submarine Lol!

Well the other day I took the Savoy out to a local car show which was only 3 miles away and when I got there and opened the hood to change out the air filters to the velocity stacks I noticed splash marks on the inside of the hood and on the passenger inner fender, looked and saw coolant dripping from the weep hole on the water pump. As some of you remember when I first filled the engine with distilled water the Milodon pump I had was pouring out its weep hole and it was brand new never run. Now this 2nd one with only 550 miles on it and it’s leaking. It’s not a Milodon pump but a 440 source high flow pump. So when I was at Mats last weekend I got a Mopar high flow pump. I installed it last night and now I’m at a show this morning in Havasu and so far so good! We shall see

View attachment 1633538

View attachment 1633539

View attachment 1633540

View attachment 1633541

View attachment 1633542
I use distilled water too but also add in a bottle of water pump lubricant and a bottle of rust inhibitor.....

Yes both had paper gaskets but this time I put liquid Teflon thread sealer on the bolt because I saw coolant drying up on the threads. Lol! Yeah that’s my Dad’s yellow submarine Lol!
Maybe get your Dad some Matt Black Graphics for Father's Day ???

That’s a nice car. It reminds me of back in 68/69 when I used to make my rounds of all the Plymouth dealer used lots looking for big engine models. In 1964 there must have been a special run of beige 2dr Savoys with 426 street wedges and 4 speed transmissions, hub caps and cloth interiors. I must have run across 3 or 4 of them that summer in Kansas City. They were a real sleeper.

Auto Transport Service
Back