• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite restomod street toy

bherman

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Hi All, my name is Brian and this is my 66 Satellite 2dr-ht. I'm a little computer challenged and I created long post but lost it trying to attach photos. This project has developed a life of it's own. I'm sure you guy's recognize the sickness! There's more photos in my gallery under bherman. Photos of the front and rear suspension are in there. I could not load pics from my gallery to the post. If you see any problems with the components or systems, please don't hesitate to comment. Thanks Brian.

P.S. I haven't taken photos of the engine yet but I will post them when I get a chance.

IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0350.jpg IMG_0348.jpg IMG_0337.jpg IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0361.jpg

Welcome and thanks for the pics....very nice ride your putting together. :headbang:

Just got done checking out your other pictures....all I can say is WOW! :headbang: :headbang:

Hi benno440, it's my version of the front suspensions offered by the aftermarket. I looked at all of the available units, picked all of their worst features and incorporated them in one design. I was helped by the guys in the shop with the fabrication. Thanks Brian.

Hi benno440, it's my version of the front suspensions offered by the aftermarket. I looked at all of the available units, picked all of their worst features and incorporated them in one design. I was helped by the guys in the shop with the fabrication. Thanks Brian.

I'm a lover of the 67s and that front end is beautiful, great fab work!

Great work on the suspension pieces. Look forward to seeing the continuation of the build. Looks like a fantastic project.

that front and rear end looks better than any unit on the market, where did you get those spindles with the tie rod end mounts, stunning mate absolutely stunning.

would love to know some more details on that rear end

Front suspension spindles and parts

Hi Guys, Thanks for your nice comments! The spindles are stock drum brake "B" body parts. I designed the new steering arm and lower ball joint stud receiver. One of the guys at the shop, Tony Dunlop machined it. Tony also did the back strap on the rear end housing. The rear end housing was scratch built in the shop. The rear suspension was designed as a bolt in 4-link and attaches to the forward spring mount and the kick up on the frame rail.

IMG_1948.jpgIMG_1957.jpgIMG_1968.jpgIMG_1981.jpgIMG_1927.jpgCRW_0659.jpgCRW_0657.jpgIMG_0649.jpgIMG_0645.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg IMG_1948.jpg IMG_1968.jpg IMG_1981.jpg IMG_1927.jpg CRW_0659.jpg CRW_0657.jpg IMG_0649.jpg IMG_0645.jpg

Man you are really doing a job on the front and rear suspension! I can wait to see how this is going to turn out, looking forward to any pictures you get in here!!!! VERY cool :) AND WELCOME aboard all this Mopar fun stuff!!!!

Omg! No one seems to ask , but I'm goin to ! How much money did it take to make the front and rear suspension and how many hours? I see lots of dollar bills laying there but a masterpiece none the less ! Anywho welcome aboard , can't wait to see more

I'm speechless, that's some major work being done there. I wish I had the money and tools to do that.

Suspension systems cost and time commitment

Hi roadrunner 69440, The cost of the front and rear suspension assemblies was really equal to the cost of the purchase parts, plating, powder-coating and raw materials used in fabricating. The majority of the fab and welding on the rear suspension was done by me. I have M.S. and as it has progressed, I have great difficulty welding. I work with a very talented group of guys and as I fabricate parts, I pester them to weld them for me. I fabricated most of the front suspension and the guys in the shop welded it for me. The more complicated machine components have always been done by the guys in the shop. I designed and 3D modeled the front and rear myself so whatever design flaws they have I'm at fault. That said, yes I do have a great deal of time in them but hey it's a hobby. I'm including some Jpeg's of the front suspension computer model. Thanks for your interest, BrianFrt sus assy B31.jpgFrt sus assy B32.jpgFrt sus assy B33.jpgFrt sus assy B34.jpg

Frt sus assy B31.jpg Frt sus assy B32.jpg Frt sus assy B33.jpg Frt sus assy B34.jpg

Top shelf my friend, can't wait to see the finished product!

... and welcome to the site from a transplanted Michigander. :headbang:

Dude , you are a mad man! Great pics and craftsmanship . Do you need a brother? Long lost friend ? Ok I'll settle for some more posts, hurry up and get that thing done! Good job , and make mopar nation proud!

I've got to ask what kind of machine shop is this????????????? Looks like you have access to some super slick CNC equipment??? At any rate that is some seriously over the top wicked stuff your pumping out, if it works anything like it looks it ot to be one sweet ride! Great work and keep the pics coming.

hi and welcome to the site ,that's some very nice work going on there looking very good ! :headbang:

IMG_0365.jpg
I've got to ask what kind of machine shop is this????????????? Looks like you have access to some super slick CNC equipment??? At any rate that is some seriously over the top wicked stuff your pumping out, if it works anything like it looks it ot to be one sweet ride! Great work and keep the pics coming.

Hi 747mopar, The shop that I work at is owned by a friend. His facility does a lot of different things but specializes in prototype fabrication and machining, mostly for OEM auto companies. While I do have access to CNC equipment and there is some in the front and rear suspension systems, I try to avoid using CNC components as much as possible. This is because I have to cajole (read beg) someone to do it for me! I'm an old fabricator by trade and part of fabricating parts, is basic machining. That said I believe that a lot of the components that you think are CNC parts, are actually fabricated components that incorporate basic machine parts. The machine that I have access to at the shop and that I utilize heavily is the water-jet. We have developed systems to do many things on the WJ machine that I believe are unique. An example would be the sides of the frame connectors and the outsides of 4 link brackets, those parts were pressed in a small flat press with simple tooling cut in the WJ machine. The battery box cover was tooled with WJ cut parts a formica router, press rubber and a flat press. We have always tried to develop new ways to make cool parts without breaking the bank. With most of this stuff I try to limit the cash outlay but I don't worry about my time. As far as "if it works anything like it looks" I guess that's always the big unknown, we will not till we try it! Thanks Brian.

WOW!
Great Fab work.
Truly impressive suspension!

All I can say is "WOW"

Welcome aboard, thanks for joining the forum.

I'd take a guess and say the car will be Gold...to match the rear suspension?

Auto Transport Service
Back