• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite restomod street toy

Did you get a chance to experiment with body color wheels?

Did you get a chance to experiment with body color wheels?

Hi 440jimr, this is how that went......for a long time I procrastinated and then when I arrived at the decision to try painting them, Covid 19 showed up! Me, I'm a guy with just about every underlying medical condition possible, so I've been laying low. Maybe later this summer, thanks for asking, Brian

Good luck, stay healthy. We can wait to see the body color wheels!

Hi, Guys', I haven't posted in a long time. Sometimes life gets in the way. Drove the car a little but my MS made my uncomfortable with my abilities. I was lucky and able to find friends willing to drive it for me. We took the car to a couple of "Cars and Coffee" shows here and discovered vehicle age bias! All of the people that stop look at this car, are old! The young guys' sprint past on their way to the late model Mustangs and Corvettes. I'm hoping to work on the car a small amount and hope to post if we get anything done. Thanks, Brian.

Hi, Guys', I haven't posted in a long time. Sometimes life gets in the way. Drove the car a little but my MS made my uncomfortable with my abilities. I was lucky and able to find friends willing to drive it for me. We took the car to a couple of "Cars and Coffee" shows here and discovered vehicle age bias! All of the people that stop look at this car, are old! The young guys' sprint past on their way to the late model Mustangs and Corvettes. I'm hoping to work on the car a small amount and hope to post if we get anything done. Thanks, Brian.
With age comes wisdom!
Mike

Brian, just went all the way through this thread and I'm beyond impressed. I'm glad you too didn't get sucked into the paint runs, crayon marks, paint daubs etc and did it your way.

Hi 493 Mike, ckessel. Mike, I will admit I like talking to the older guys better, I have trouble relating to the cars the young guys admire. ckessel, there are some runs on the bottom of the car, LOL they are in the clear and you forgot to mention overspray. Thanks Brian

The runs are like the fuel tanks on the SR71. When the skin expands from the heat of going through the air at high speed, the tanks seal up and stop leaking. In you case, the runs flatten out. If you did the paint on your own and don't do it for a living, you are excused. The shop I used to manage went through 7 "Professional Painters" in less than 4 years. Talk about a group with an ego that didn't take criticism well. Bunch of hacks. From what I see, you rock. In the early 90's, I had Chip's dad do the work on my Challenger. Figured a guy with that rep and experience would knock it out of the park. WRONG! Runs, rock chips not sanded out, bare spots, raw filler edges, you name it. After that stuff got corrected I saw a rod of some sort he did. Was looking it over and saw a massive amount of debris in the paint/clear on the top of the cowl by the windshield. He was crowing how that guy spent $14k, this is in 91/2. I spent $4.5k or so on mine. After that I didn't feel so bad as I got a low grade job but that rod guy got royally screwed for 14.

Auto Transport Service
Back