• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger R/T resurrection

Congrat's! Well deserved. Would never second guess that car reeling in trophies.

Thanks Will. Are you getting enough time behind the wheel of Skeletor this summer? Did I read you are having a little electrical gremlin chasing you around?

Deep . . . I'd have to believe that they'd have to be VERY DEEP for you to want to part with that beauty H2E . . . if you'd sell at all . . .

Yeah, it was just weird. One guy I have known and worked for along time. He has always loved cars and thinks a 69 black Charger is the ultimate muscle car. He isn't the kind of guy who can work on these cars himself though. He recently retired and then his dad passed away shortly thereafter. He was left a couple of million that nobody was aware of. He has a new Harley, Challenger, and just bought a new Camaro. I would bet anything he will be one of the first with a new Hellcat in our area. He also just built a new house that I did the HVAC in. Everyday I was there, he made some kind of comment about owning my Charger and showing me exactly where he will park it in his garage. He has even stopped over a couple of times just to look at it.
The second guy I just met at a car show that I didn't enter, but had the Charger there. There was a note inside when we went to leave saying "if you want to sell this car.......". Didn't think much about it until we were driving out and an older man stepped in front of me and introduced himself as the one who left the note. He said he really likes the car and would like to buy it. Well he goes on to tell me he has 25 Mopar muscle cars, most all of them southern and western cars in varying conditions. Several Cudas, Coronets, Duster, Chargers, and then he gets around to a B5 4-speed A12 car - can you say instant boner? He says he is realizing that he will not have enough time to restore them all and may think of letting a couple go. Well I would be very interested in the A12 or one of the 70 Cudas. I did call him back, but it sounds like if I wont sell him the Charger, he wont let any of his go? So I'm not holding my breath, but I did ask around and found out everything he told me is true. The only thing I know for certain is if I did sell this car, I would be looking for a new roof over my head and a divorce lawyer LOL.

no way h2e, all that work you put into it an look at the results, i would cry if you sold that beauty. that car is @^#%$@#^$ AWESOME!!!!!!!!

no way h2e, all that work you put into it an look at the results, i would cry if you sold that beauty. that car is @^#%$@#^$ AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Don't fret, it isn't going anywhere.

Thanks Will. Are you getting enough time behind the wheel of Skeletor this summer? Did I read you are having a little electrical gremlin chasing you around?

Not as much as I would like, but some road time never the less Joel. It's come down to me making clever/ridiculous excuses to drive it. Today was going and getting coleslaw at the grocery store in town..lol

I did have a little miss here and there in the low RPM's. Seems to cured itself for the time being. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :eusa_think:

Not as much as I would like, but some road time never the less Joel. It's come down to me making clever/ridiculous excuses to drive it. Today was going and getting coleslaw at the grocery store in town..lol

I did have a little miss here and there in the low RPM's. Seems to cured itself for the time being. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :eusa_think:

Thats pretty cool having to go get coleslaw! Whatever works :)

Find myself doing the same thing for getting to drive my jalopies also. The part of the country we live in limits the road time enough, so any excuse is good for me. Hopefully your miss is gone for good. Sure sounds like something in the ignition?

Thanks Ron/Joel. Yes sir, sure do have limited road time up here. Walked out the door this morning and it feels like the end of September out there. I believe it is/was something in the ignition Joel. There was no kind of studder, just every once in a while (at 1400-1500 RPM), there was a small miss. Real faint one.

Looking amazing as always Joel, to say that $5 trophy is well deserved is a huge understatement haha a "resurrection" it most definitely was, glad to see you're keeping the tires good n broke in haha
:eek:ccasion14:

Glad to hear you're getting some grocery-gittin action in with skelator too Will!

ive spent all night reading and rereading and taking notes on the thread..great job and its given me insight to get out and start fixing my 69 charger..

I go back all the time looking at this gorgeous charger...aka THE BLACK MIRROR. Just pure awesome sauce.

Wow, don't know how I missed the last few pages here, I must have been in a time warp or something. I had not seen the well deserved trophy or vids either. Nice vids Joel. This was/is fer-sher my fav thread. A wealth of knowledge and inspiration for me and my car. You probably remember that we started our chargers and threads about the same time., our threads are both on page 72, replies almost the same and views close. Funny I'm still crawling along, but determined to get there thnx a great deal to you bro., :icon_cry: tear in eye..lol

Wow, its been along time since this thread has been in a "current" status. Thanks for the kind words guys - seems like it has been so long ago since I was putting this car together. Couldn't have done it without all the great help on this site. Just last weekend I finished doing a few things on the car. Replaced the KYB shocks with set of Bilsteins from PST. Had a sensitive ammeter that was bouncing around anytime an electrical switch was made. It was safe, but was driving me nuts. So I pulled the dash out and sent it back to Shannon at Redline. He did a voltmeter conversion to it and changed the lettering. I think it looks great. I then did the MAD Electrical bypass. Also bought a distributor with custom curve, control box with rev limiter, and coil from Don @ FBO - 4secondsflat. Now I just need spring to get here.

So what difference did you notice with the Bilstein's...... wait your in the Northern country and likely have the same mess I do. I really like dealing with Don, he's got a custom tailored QF on its way as we speak and has helped me re-curve my distributor as well.... Great guy.

So how many miles have you racked up on that beauty??

So what difference did you notice with the Bilstein's...... wait your in the Northern country and likely have the same mess I do. I really like dealing with Don, he's got a custom tailored QF on its way as we speak and has helped me re-curve my distributor as well.... Great guy.

So how many miles have you racked up on that beauty??

Wont know how the new shocks ride for about 4 months yet because of all the snow, ice, and salt. I also put a set on my RR. I've got probably 2500 miles on the car so far, but try to drive both vehicles equally as I really like cruising in the RR also. Here is a shot of the volt conversion, although I couldn't get a decent pic with my phone. The font matches the original and looks like it belongs there.

IMG_20160126_154445023.jpg

Wow that does look original, they do nice work. I've heard good things about Bilstein's, I'm running KYB's so it would be nice to hear feedback from someone who makes the same switch... let me know in about 4 months haha. Why 4 months? You guys get crappy weather all the way into April and May?

let me know in about 4 months haha. Why 4 months? You guys get crappy weather all the way into April and May?

Will do. We can get snow into early April. Then it is just a wait for a couple of heavy rain storms to wash all the salt off the roads.

Yes same here in Iowa, April seems to be the beginning of driving season.

So I think it's about time for you to find a car and do another resto!
Come on I know you want to

Wont know how the new shocks ride for about 4 months yet because of all the snow, ice, and salt. I also put a set on my RR. I've got probably 2500 miles on the car so far, but try to drive both vehicles equally as I really like cruising in the RR also. Here is a shot of the volt conversion, although I couldn't get a decent pic with my phone. The font matches the original and looks like it belongs there.

View attachment 304217

I like the conversion. Sneaky and Stealth like. You wouldn't notice it unless you were REALLY looking for it. Awesome job.

Auto Transport Service
Back