• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger R/T resurrection

Hahahaha! No doubt! Let me tell ya, ain't a lick of fun being sent out to pasture..... Boring out here.

Remember the offer still stands to come help out on this black beast if you are that bored. I think 10-12 hours of driving should do it. It might be a good endurance test run for Skelator. At 8 mpg running premium - about $500. each way? Ouch.

Boy getting the paint on there must have really lit a fire, your kicking ***. Man everything is looking awesome.

Boy getting the paint on there must have really lit a fire, your kicking ***. Man everything is looking awesome.

Don't know if it lit a fire, but it sure looks a lot better than the white epoxy primer that I looked at for so long.

Like everyone else on here that has been following your progress and detail of workman ship the job you are doing is better than a restro shop and probally a third of the cost.The pics show great detail and how to dos.The under side and interior paint shows like a show car.I think we started our projects about the same time and im just finally getting of the jig and putting back on rotisserie to start the floor pan and rear end body work.All your info will come in handy with these AMD body panels.One of these days i will post pics on progress as ive taken lots to reassemble and use your info as a guide.Keep sending lots of pics its good info for me and everyone else who takes on one of these challenges.

Like everyone else on here that has been following your progress and detail of workman ship the job you are doing is better than a restro shop and probally a third of the cost.The pics show great detail and how to dos.The under side and interior paint shows like a show car.I think we started our projects about the same time and im just finally getting of the jig and putting back on rotisserie to start the floor pan and rear end body work.All your info will come in handy with these AMD body panels.One of these days i will post pics on progress as ive taken lots to reassemble and use your info as a guide.Keep sending lots of pics its good info for me and everyone else who takes on one of these challenges.

Thanks for the kind words, but without the help from this site I would be lost. Numerous questions have been answered for me by great guys on here. And that is the reason for me posting pictures of the progress (good and bad). If they help just one other restoration, it is worth it to me. Definitely get a thread going on your car. It is a green Charger, right?

P8230023.JPGP8230024.JPGP8240025.JPGP8230021.JPG

Just like X-mas around here this morning. Received an order from Dantes consisting of front and rear seat covers, seat foam, carpet kit, console carpet, front and rear door panels, and floor mats. Nothing like adding a little more black to a very black car. I've never had any problems with Dantes, and this time was no exception. Great company to deal with - I would highly recommend them.

Decided to burn up the last gallon of undercoating I had left. I got it on all the high wear areas around the rear wheels for the added protection. I'm going to call it good on the undercoating and leave the rest in paint. Its not like I will be driving down gravel roads anyway. I think this stuff looks good, although it doesn't photograph well against the black paint. Ended up using 4 full gallons on the spots I did, but they are a decent thickness. If a guy was to do the entire underside I would think another 2 gallons would suffice. As thick as the factory lathered on the stuff, I wonder how much they went through per car?

P8230020.JPGP8240026.JPGP8240027.JPGP8240028.JPG

I really like the way it turned out. I always hate getting under a beautiful car to find nothing done or maybe just some undercoating over years of crap "I'd be happy eating of that". Nice job

Hey Hunt2Elk where in wisconsin are you? I run a body shop in menomonie and we rent space to a company that makes graphics. They do a lot with black reflective and carbon fiber vinyl. They would be able to do whatever you want and install it. They only use the premium vinyl and i know that the black reflective is expensive but thay are reasonable in what they charge. Let me know.

Scott

Hey Hunt2Elk where in wisconsin are you? I run a body shop in menomonie and we rent space to a company that makes graphics. They do a lot with black reflective and carbon fiber vinyl. They would be able to do whatever you want and install it. They only use the premium vinyl and i know that the black reflective is expensive but thay are reasonable in what they charge. Let me know.

Scott

I'm about 40 miles East of you. What is the contact info for them. I am not looking for black reflective, but matte if I end up going that color. I could give them a call to see what they offer though.

They do a lot of matte on camaros and chargers. The black carbon fiber is really cool. I will get you the info. You must be eau Claire or Chippewa?

They do a lot of matte on camaros and chargers. The black carbon fiber is really cool. I will get you the info. You must be eau Claire or Chippewa?

12 miles east of Chippewa.

Cadott? I grew up hunting the Chippewa flowage on the east end of lake eau Claire. Your car looks as good as the stuff coming out of MCR and you probably have a 1/4 in to it. Beautiful car very nice work.

Cadott? I grew up hunting the Chippewa flowage on the east end of lake eau Claire. Your car looks as good as the stuff coming out of MCR and you probably have a 1/4 in to it. Beautiful car very nice work.

Small world. Used to do some Musky fishing on Lake Eau Claire, but the last 15 years I head north instead. I can guarantee you for what has been done on this car it would cost 4 times more if MCR did it. I am using the same shop they do for the vinyl top, headliner, and seat upholstery though. They've done my last 2 cars and aren't terrible on price. And the best thing is their work is second to none.

If you had spent as many years as I have cutting up and remanufacturing goodmark panels for GM stuff you'd know why AMD is on a pedestal. Always save as much original metal as possible. Even the OEM stuff back then was'nt always a perfect fit but AMD is way above anything else. Just my 2 cents.

If you had spent as many years as I have cutting up and remanufacturing goodmark panels for GM stuff you'd know why AMD is on a pedestal. Always save as much original metal as possible. Even the OEM stuff back then was'nt always a perfect fit but AMD is way above anything else. Just my 2 cents.

I agree - save as much original metal as possible. It is far superior to any repro stuff. I am not arguing with the consensus that AMD metal is the best out there, but several of the pieces they make for these second gen. Chargers have a lot of room for improvement. Still better than nothing though.

P8260030.JPG

Must have been an omen to paint the car black. A friend picked this up at a recent car show and brought it over for me to hang on my garage wall. Someone made it out of 1/16" steel and cut or stamped out the areas showing in white. Kind of cool artwork.

Auto Transport Service
Back