• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 dodge charger no power

Moparmagic1992

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
i recently picked up a "running just needs a fuel pump" all original 383 2bbl '69 charger, popped a battery in and i have no power to anything, so far ive replaced the battery terminal ends, moved the ground back to the factory location on the engine, and replaced the starter relay, i have power to the relay but i still have no power anywhere in the car, where should i look next?

follow the bouncing ball, obviously check all the fuses and link, do you have power at the fuse box? Check the power at J (I think its J on the bulk head connector on the firewall), if you have power there and not at the fuebox, then you have an issue with the dash harness itself, something unplugged burnt out missing etc..

dark blue wire I believe..

For some reason I had a gtx rallye dash, no power it was the ammeter gauge, lol it was burnt out and for some reason all the power goes through that before it gets to the fuse box...

Check your fusible links they may have burned out...also maybe the firewall connectors maybe loose. the Fusible links should be between the battery and the fuse box usually inside the engine compartment. They don't always look burned when they go. also check your fuses.

Check your fusible links they may have burned out...also maybe the firewall connectors maybe loose. the Fusible links should be between the battery and the fuse box usually inside the engine compartment. They don't always look burned when they go. also check your fuses.

^^THIS^^ You have a factory shop manual? If not download one free from MyMopar. There are also simplified 3rd parting wiring diagrams, separate

Fuse link supplies main power from starter relay stud to bulkhead connector on the road to the ammeter

Bulkhead connector. Just for good measure, carefully remove all banks and spray with contact cleaner. Till it runs clear. Re-install.

Auto Transport Service
Back